HELP! SG Acting up again!

I like the old ferries i worked on was electric down below, so on the top car deck we had 2 X 5 gen-sets in containers ( not standard size ) along the side of the ferry.
But these was high voltage gen-sets outputting 440 Volts, and let me tell you when one of the 800 A fuses in the thruster room went off it sounded like some one had thrown a handgranade down in the thruster room.
The ferries had no front or rear so did not turn, and they had 2 thrusters in each end, so they could go pretty fast sideways too.

You can see one of the gen-sets in the pic here above the anchor, and the end of the next set behind it.
HH-FER~1.JPG

Last edited:
It seem to have been downgraded to CAT2, so only rainfall should be a problem now.

Speaking of categories.

16f4a66266e47da65dcbe14e5678f7b0.jpg

Kamkar, interesting about your Ferry experience. I thought I would give you an update on my DC. I have been waiting for a librarian friend to help me download the new firmware, but in the meantime, I have been using it, and working good, I leave it on overnight and starts right up in the morning(the car) so I am wondering if I even need the new firmware?

Last edited:
Kamkar, interesting about your Ferry experience. I thought I would give you an update on my DC. I have been waiting for a librarian friend to help me download the new firmware, but in the meantime, I have been using it, and working good, I leave it on overnight and starts right up in the morning so I am wondering if I even need the new firmware?

what version are you on now?

Yes the very last item in the menu are the firmware version.

The normal day to day performance have always been good, but there are still some hick-ups with the parking mode.
Im sure if you inspected your parking files you will find like all other than it is not quite there yet.
But start recording when you set off should be fine, and also your battery should be protected from completely discharging with the cut off voltage you have set.

Back