Help! TaoTronics TT-CD05 pin question

Ditzicow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
TaoTronics WDR TT-CD05
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to secure the pin on this dash cam. I've googled a few installation videos, but they all seem to jump from unboxing to road testing.

The little washer (I guess) doesn't screw/secure/tighten onto the pin. It just rests on it. It easily falls off, which could dismantle the entire camera if I hit a bump or something on the road. That can't be right.

I think a piece might be missing, but I can't for the life of me remember anything breaking or falling off when I took it out of the box.

What am I missing? Really hoping the answer is super obvious!

Thanks!

L0Tvr0J.jpg

S9brh9I.jpg

check the box, the nut is missing

There's nothing else in the box! What does it look like? Maybe I can get/use a replacement?

it's just a small nut to suit the screw thread, it just sits in the thumbscrew which has the same shape as the nut so that it can easily turn, if it is taken off then the nut can easily fall out during shipping, you'll likely find something suitable in your nearest hardware store

Oh okay! I will check out Home Depot or something tomorrow. Thanks!

Yes, that locking plastic piece comes with a flat nut to screw in. It completely fits inside.
It's easy to drop and lose it.

It looks something like this but thinner:

KRC%208201%20PAGE%20185.JPG

Like this:
CDR840-MNT.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I got a replacement piece at Lowe's this morning and it's all good now!

Do yourself a favor and put a tiny dab of glue in there to keep the nut from leaving home again ;)

My ex-GF tried that with me but I'm a much larger nut and she didn't have enough glue so it didn't work :p

Phil

Back