Help test Yi Action Camera App

Would you like to help test Yi Action Camera App?

• Yes

Votes: 36 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fernanda

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I am Fernanda and I work for Yi Action Camera.
We are creating a community where our customers can receive beta test versions of our app.
If you are an Android user and would like to join our group and helps us to test our new version apps,
please, join us here: https://plus.google.com/communities/113778185042694970730

**Don't forget to use the same Android account you login on Google Play to download the app.

We would love hear your feedbacks and suggestions!
Thank you for the collaboration =D

anything for windows or IOS users ?

Who is Yi Action Camera? Not Xiaomi?

nice to see official people here :)

Fernanda from Brazil? Nice to see another brazilian here!!

I joined to the group and my app updated to 1.11 alpha in my GS5, but in my N7 the app still in the 1.9

@Fernanda: Would be nice to have some "better channel" to download firmware releases (public ones) so i could put them on the mirror site as they are released, since official china site download page is VERY buggy & slow.

Hi Andy, we're going to speed up firmware download of official site.

xu.hao: i don't know if there's a china you can do about it, except hosting outside china. Still, having the mirror available is a good thing, isn't it... especially if it does not cost you a single cent :D

xu.hao: i don't know if there's a china you can do about it, except hosting outside china. Still, having the mirror available is a good thing, isn't it... especially if it does not cost you a single cent :D
Totally agree! :D However, since firmware update is an important service that we provide, so setup a download server outside China is at least we can do. Hopefully will be done this afternoon. Oh.. Beijing time.

nice. Would be also lovely, if you could provide previous versions and MD5 for all files - same way as my mirror site does

unresponsive. Totally...

MD5 - nice. What about revision history? (ability to download older firmwares)

Do you also accept feature suggestions here? Or just in the google community?

Last edited:
Do you also accept feature suggestions here? Or just in the google community?

send us an email at support@xiaoyi.com would be more effective. Although if you want to discuss this feature with us or other users, you may post it on google plus community and this forum, however, I have to admit that I don't visit this site frequently enough.

xu.hao, and YI community

We need a change in firmware, on how to configure the shutter delay directly on camera.
Example: Lets imagine i am swimming and taking nice fotos and videos...but now i want to take a selfie underwater, or jump with my friends, so i need at least a 3 second delay before picture is taken.
I dont want to connect phone to wifi to change those settings!(im inside water!! or phone is no near the pool)
I could innumerate more situations where changing this setting must be done without phone...(but i think you get the "picture")

So my suggestion would be:
If i keep pressing the shutter bottom more then 2-3 seconds, no picture will be taken, and it will automatically change the delay to 3 seconds. (beeps could be added to notify user)
Now i press the shutter , and it will now have the delay (predefined in app in a new field or always 3 seconds!! not important at this point)
That delay would only work once (one photo), so the next time i press the shutter, the camera would behave as pre defined. until i press the shutter for more then 3 seconds again to change delay back to 3 seconds.

did i manage to pass the idea?
those this make sense to you? it makes alot to me!
is this something you would consider?

regards
Goahead

Back