Help to Recover Corrupt videos files in avi formatting from car accident?

Tatum40

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was involved in a motor vehicle accident. The Uniden DC115 dashcam I was using caught the accident. I imported the videos from the SD card onto my PC. There's a video of the night of the accident, that video plays well. The daytime video shows an error message: either the file is unsupported, corrupt, etc.. and will not play. Is there anybody that can repair the corrupted or unsupported video files so they will play? I have tried Stellar Repair, Yodot, Wondershare, VLC Media Player, Any Player, DivFix++, Remo Repair, YouTube, etc..

If your cam can play vids, often a corrupted file can be repaired by the cam itself by playing it in the cam. If that works, then you can use the card with the repaired file as usual afterward. I'm not sure how the process works, only that it has sometimes worked for many other people and it's never hurt anything trying it.

It sounds to me as if your SD card might be too slow for the cam. Daytime vids have a lot more data involved as the sensor is "seeing" more, plus with many cams nighttime vid FPS rates automatically drop to work better in the lower light, which also reduces the amount of data being recorded. Best to check your card by first doing THIS then doing THIS. If the second test only does a small part of the card, format it in your cam and try again. There will be a tiny amount of unchecked area on all cards; this is the card's File System OS.

SD cards are one of the most common issues with dashcams and few cards can handle the write speeds needed reliably. They do wear out over time as well, so doing these tests when you have a problem is always a good idea. Also you should format your card in-cam every 2-3 months as preventative maintenance.

Right now, the Samsung EVO Select is bargain priced on Amazon. Be sure your order is marked "Fulfilled by Amazon" to avoid fakes, since they have these cards made specifically for them. It's the same card as the EVO Select if you can find that cheaper, but with any new cards run these two tests above to ensure the card is real and not defective.

Phil

The videos have been imported from the dash cam’s SD Card onto my PC. After importing the videos to my PC, I deleted all videos from the SD Card and begin recording from there. Will I have to export the videos back to the SD Card to play them?

If you haven't written anything to the SD card yet since deletion you can try to recover the files via GetDataBack FAT.

I’ve been using the same SD Card I imported the accident videos from.

Thanks. Is there any program I can utilize to get the corrupted videos to play? Or a data repair team like Geek Squad?

Hi, It's happen when the video file severely corrupted so the data repair software unable to repair file. I had the same problem when I used stellar video repair I can contact that support team they help me and said the advanced feature of video repair software help to repair the file I add sample file
and the file repaired successfully. I hope this information help you!

Back