HELP! Viofo A118C Won't Update!

Pacemaker1000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Followed instructions, put .bin file in root directory, reconnect to PC and screen just shows 'mass storage' as it normally does and nothing happens
Also tried connecting direct to power source on reformatting and placing a few online versions into root directory and cam just goes into normal record mode

version showing as on Cam:
A118C2_20161008_V1.0

Help

Hi,
Followed instructions, put .bin file in root directory, reconnect to PC and screen just shows 'mass storage' as it normally does and nothing happens
Also tried connecting direct to power source on reformatting and placing a few online versions into root directory and cam just goes into normal record mode

version showing as on Cam:
A118C2_20161008_V1.0

Help
Don't plug into your computers USB. You will just continue to enter Mass Storage Mode. Use a USB wall charger, or your car adapter to perform the actual update.

Don't plug into your computers USB. You will just continue to enter Mass Storage Mode. Use a USB wall charger, or your car adapter to perform the actual update.

Hi thanks for the prompt reply
Unfortunately tried this and just goes into record mode

Do I need a loader file like the 119s?

re-do it from scratch. blank the memory card on the computer, put the .bin file on it, then put the card in the cam and put the cam straight in the car (as you would, ready for recording). It should then update

thanks guys but no joy
its a C2
blanked using SD formatter and loaded with just latest file from Vioso. Put back in Cam and plugged it straight in but it just goes into normal recoding mode.
its not seeing the update file or ignoring it i would say
ive had experience with before and am sure im doing it right

unless it came with the latest update and is just ignoring it?
plus its supposed to delete the file which it doesnt

its not seeing the update file or ignoring it i would say...
Try changing the .bin file name from lower case to upper case - or vice versa. Try with the the name and/or extension. I suggest this as there have been other instances of F/W updates not working because the camera is looking for an exact match on the file name.

I think you already have the latest firmware on the camera. The version you posted is the latest (only) for the A118C2.

Thanks guys
didnt know there was a difference with the C2. Viofo dont show any firmware specific for the C2 only the C.
maybe because they are the same or like said i have the latest for the C2. maybe they are not compatible hence it wont update?
emailed Viofo for info

Thanks guys
didnt know there was a difference with the C2. Viofo dont show any firmware specific for the C2 only the C.
maybe because they are the same or like said i have the latest for the C2. maybe they are not compatible hence it wont update?
emailed Viofo for info
Since Viofo has not had any updates for the A118C2, that's probably why they don't list it on their site.

I have a completely identical problem with me. My camera is Blueskysea with an incoming firmware B40S.655.20170406.001 which i can not find. The seller sent me the original firmware 20150107 with which i try the update but my camera constantly enters the mode "Mass Storage" and PC Camera ".

I have a completely identical problem with me. My camera is Blueskysea with an incoming firmware B40S.655.20170406.001 which i can not find. The seller sent me the original firmware 20150107 with which i try the update but my camera constantly enters the mode "Mass Storage" and PC Camera ".
You will get Mass Storage mode when you power the cam via your computer. Use a USB wall charger for the update.

Thank you
I tried with him as well as with a car connection but again it happens. I believe the camera is a copy of the problem.

Thank you
I tried with him as well as with a car connection but again it happens. I believe the camera is a copy of the problem.
Try another USB cable. Shouldn’t enter Mass Storage mode with a power cable and USB wall charger. Use the long USB power cable and not the short data USB cable.

Tried with 1.2m cable and the same thing. The laptop enters Mass Storage and starts recording on the wall charger.

Unfortunately its incoming firmware B40S.655.20170406.001 i can not find it nigde find the seller offered me an older version but the camera is not visible and will not be upgraded

Back