Help with ordering the X, pics of sticky mount?

RC TAYLOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blueskysea
I've been looking for a replacement for my Mini 801 and Mini 803 cameras, which are both constantly turning off while driving for no apparent reason. I've had enough. I want something small but stable - and I realize this is almost impossible to find for some reason.

Anyway, the JooVuu X seems to be what I'm looking for - I don't care about a screen. What I'm having a problem with is ordering the X from the webpage. The site does not do a good job of explaining what you are ordering when you select from the drop down menus.
Mount Type? Yes, I want the sticky mount (more on that in a second).
Super Capacitor? Yes or no? I know this has something to do with having a battery or not, but I'm not sure if I need it if I'm strictly using this as a dash cam, not an action cam.
Hardwire Kit? Mini or no? What? Yes, I want it hardwired so it gets power when I turn on the car. No, I don't want the cord with the janky looking GPS square.
CPL filter? I noticed on this forum that this is a polarizing filter, which would be nice, but I did read about several problems with it fitting. What are your thoughts?

With the sticky mount, does the mount have a ball type mounted screw that one would use to screw into the unit? I can't find one picture of how this would look. I'm just thinking the sticky mount would be less conspicuous that the enormous suction mount. If anyone has it mounted like this, could you provide a picture?

On the hardwire kit, I'd like to have the power cable at a right angle with the cord coming from the right, if that makes sense. But do not see this as an option, though I've read about it somewhere on here.

I know I'm taking a risk after reading some of the reviews, but I'm hoping I get a "good one" and that it's stable.

Any help would be appreciated, including thoughts on the unit.

By the way, how great would a unit like this be if the screw mount and power port were where the camera lens is located and the camera lens was located in the center of the large flat rectangle with some sort of rating lens. Talk about un-intrusive. You could almost just sticky it to your windscreen.

Their buying options are all over the place, at least they were the last time I checked.

For the mount, yes, it is less obvious than the suction cup but it's still pretty large in comparison to the camera. There's a mini quick release mount that works with the X, you could try contacting them and asking if they'll supply one of those instead. The standard sticky mount does indeed have a ball joint with a tightening nut, has quite a good range of movement to it for different windscreen angles. It also has a standard camera tripod bolt on it which screws directly into the camera, that's the quickest and easiest way of taking the camera down from the mount and shouldn't disturb the ball joint. Personally, I have the sticky mount but would have swapped it for the mini mount if I'd known about it. In my car though the standard sticky mount is okay enough. You can find my set up here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ra-post-your-pictures.502/page-42#post-284876

The supercapacitor option, basically for pure dashcam use, that is the best and most reliable option. Batteries in dashcams only last 6-48 months depending on climate before they start causing problems and have to be replaced. The supercapacitor should last for the entire life of the camera.

The hardwire kit is so you can wire the camera directly to the cars fuse box or other electrical supply. That is what the term hardwire generally refers to. If you are using the cars normal 12v cigarette lighter socket then it is not considered hardwired and you won't need the hardwire kit. There are two cig. socket adapters, one with and one without GPS. You can also buy USB right-angle adapters for a cleaner install at the camera end of the wire. Not sure if they work with the GPS built in on the power supply or not, you'd need to ask Dan @JooVuu on that one.

The only two issues with the CPL are its affect on night video footage (as with all CPL filters, the one for the X is no different in that respect) and some of them were assembled with the glass the wrong way around. This meant they would never remove reflections which is the whole purpose of them. The solution is a very easy fix, I had to do it with mine and there is a post somewhere on JooVuu's own forum regarding this. You simply have to unscew the housing from itself (best way I can describe it) and flip the glass, then reassemble.

Last edited:
I'll check on the mini quick release, and if that fails, I might try and rig something up from the knock-off gopro accessories pack I got on amazon. I think I'll go supercapacitor, right angle hard wire cord, and I'm still on the fence on the CPL.
Thanks for all the info, that helps!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G JooVuu 2
C JooVuu 6
Back