Help !

MCadi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR900x 2ch 128gb memory card & Blackvue CM100LTE U
I’ve a dr900s 2 ch. I’ve formatted sd card updated firmware. Now it keeps losing connection to WiFi on my iPhone. Is there a cure ?
Or should I buy another perhaps 900x black view. Is it any good ?
is there any physical difference in sizes of both cameras I was thinking it might fit into the same brackets that are already mounted on inside glass windows so I wouldn’t need to re hard wire it just using existing wiring and fitted brackets on car.

Let's first try to diagnose and resolve your DR900S issue. When you sat it keeps losing connection to WiFi on your iPhone, is this when you are trying to review and download recordings?
  1. First check your iPhone's wireless connection settings. Go to Settings... Wi-Fi, click the (i) icon to the right of the BlackVueXXX connection, try disabling Private Address (new for iOS 14).
  2. Next check the iPhone settings for the BlackVue app. Go to Settings, pull down and search for "blackvue". In the "Allow BlackVie to access" screen, make sure Local Network is enabled. I have Location set to While Using.
  3. Finally try to forget the wifi connection on your iPhone and setup again. Click Forget This Network. Then set it up again according to the instructions.

Brilliant problem solved. I bought a new dr900x 2ch to replace it now I’ll sell my 6 month old dr900s 2ch
Thanks your a star

Ah well !
False alarm did everything that was suggested formatted card updated firmware deleted app re installed it on my iPhone clicked the i
Next to WiFi on phone set and removed private address. Same thing connects to dr900s WiFi for a minute or so then disconnects can’t view my videos but I know they are there . So I bought a new dr900x 2ch wired it up fully fitted but plugged it into 12 v socket for power tomorrow plan to hard wire it into fuse box Hoping the 4g lte vodaphone SIM card WiFi will cure it when it arrives tomorrow. I’m baffled as it worked fine till I took it from last car to new one Now I’m even more baffled that same things happening with my new dr900x Must be related to my iPhone 11pro max with most up to date iOS
Any ideas would be appreciated.

I know. Well perhaps with the 4g lte module I won’t have any issues. I’m convinced it iOS updates on my phone that caused it. I’ve advertised my dr900s 2ch and conecta plug to power it from obd socket for £250. I’ve no doubt someone will snap it up it’s only 6 months old.

in the worst case scenario you can reflash the firmware using the SD card and blackvueviewer from the blackvue website along with the latest firmware.
If you keep losing connection be sure that your cam isnt trying to connect to a wifi hotspot for cloud connection. these blackvue cams cannot make 2 connections at the same time.
i have seen that it dousnt broadcast the wifi ssid but it turned out it was switching between the 5ghz and 2.4ghz band of my wifi network all the time thus never made a full cloud connection and the SSID wont broadcast while its making that connection loop.
I had to split my network in 2 seperate networks one 2.4ghz and one 5ghz and only program the cam to use the 5ghz band for the cloud. since then it has no issues connecting anymore.
also you can optimize some settings in the config file.
Disable wifi sleep mode if your using blackvue downloader for example.
and have wifi onstart enabled use the right band 2.4 or 5ghz depending on what works best for you.
[Wifi]
onstart=0
WifiSleepMode=1
WiFiBand=0

Let's first try to diagnose and resolve your DR900S issue. When you sat it keeps losing connection to WiFi on your iPhone, is this when you are trying to review and download recordings?
  1. First check your iPhone's wireless connection settings. Go to Settings... Wi-Fi, click the (i) icon to the right of the BlackVueXXX connection, try disabling Private Address (new for iOS 14).
  2. Next check the iPhone settings for the BlackVue app. Go to Settings, pull down and search for "blackvue". In the "Allow BlackVie to access" screen, make sure Local Network is enabled. I have Location set to While Using.
  3. Finally try to forget the wifi connection on your iPhone and setup again. Click Forget This Network. Then set it up again according to the instructions.

Did you try #2? There are new settings in the latest iOS and apps now need permission to access your networks.

Wow. What happened here? I was following a potential fix to a problem on the DR900S... suddenly, there's a DR900X involved?! Why ask for help on a problem just to ... nevermind.

I doubt the DR900X actually fixes the most common DR900S problems. maybe a better heat tollerance and some features but software/hardware wise there mostly the same.
Beside the Wifi connection loop that happends when the network switches channels or its mixed 2.4ghz-5ghz band is something that could be fixed with a firmware fix rather then a hardware upgrade.

Lets put it this way, DR900X is almost the same software crap as DR900S. I bought DR900X recently hoping there would be some special sauce - even worse Wifi stability for me and directly connected LTE module in 50/50 cases didn't connect at the startup and needed restart of camera (sometimes resulted in whole day without connection). Not gonna be part of this for 648$ (official price, in my country including VAT, etc. the combo costs about 900$).

More and more seems like dashcam users are only beta testers for next model. And manufacturers are not even able to fix reported issues...

Back