Here is video from my "four channel" system using two blackvues and an impatient driver on icy roads

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States

I have had several people ask to see more footage from my four channel system which is really two 2 channel systems.

You could argue in this video I COULD have gunned it a few times but the roads are icy and not worth the risk, crossing divided highways like this can be very dangerous.

Nice! The clip with side views really shows the situation well. I really cannot stand impatient drivers who make tough situations worse by trying to pressure you and who are willing to take risks with other peoples lives. I try to stay out of trouble while driving and one day know that my safe driving and videos will pay off when someone else does something foolish and there is a wreck. I will be quick to come with the backup of the driver who is not at fault.

Where did you mount the cameras for the side view? What brand of cameras did you use? I'm wanting to create a 5 channel system. front, back, sides and interior. Looking at BlackVue. Suggestions?

this is a video showing all the cameras and where they are mounted. the rear and passenger side is the blackvue dr550, and the front and driver side is the 650.

I plan on also adding a 5th camera for the interior, and might be using the dr3500 i have on hand right now but I am not totally sure. I want something with a good parking mode, and the dr3500 does have that, but its still bigger than I would like so I might eventually go the panorama x1 route, which would be easier to hide.

personally I like the blackvue dr650, but a lot of other users here won't recommend them because they have relatively low bitrate, but to me personally at 1080p its good enough. If you want multiple channels its hard to expect great video quality. also I want no screens because the screen just makes it bigger usually, and all the 2 channel systems with screens are considerably bigger and less discrete.

Back