Hi Based in UK, looking to buy a dashcam.

Noz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nextbase seem to be a main player in UK, but have seen quite a bit of bad owner feedback on longer term reliability. So what else is good. Particularly looking for something with good Parking mode features, pos. configurable and well supported in UK. The nextbase range seem a bit lacking in this area. any suggestions appreciated.

What is your budget?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi, around £100 I was thinking then a bit to allow hard 3 wire.

Hi Nigel, thanks v/m. Had a look at that and the unit manual for same, all sounds reasonable and I could prob stretch the budget. There is no review customer feedback on the Amazon site. Do you or anyone have any specific info on the quality and reliability of Viofa A129 Dual, the A129 or Viofa in general?

Hi Nigel, thanks v/m. Had a look at that and the unit manual for same, all sounds reasonable and I could prob stretch the budget. There is no review customer feedback on the Amazon site. Do you or anyone have any specific info on the quality and reliability of Viofa A129 Dual, the A129 or Viofa in general?
There is a thread on that Amazon site here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/any-where-to-buy-viofo-a129-from-the-uk.36083/
And other threads in that sub-forum such as: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofos-a129-duo.34939

No real reliability concerns, main issues are that we are currently waiting for a parking mode update and hardwire kit and CPL filter update. You should check that either the current parking mode or the future one will meet your requirement.

Thanks Nigel, do you anyone have any pro's cons about using Kingston Sdcs/128gb Class 10 with this or other dash cams?

Hi I have been looking for a hard wire kit for the A129 Duo. Assume this would be same thing/kit for A129.
All the mini USB lead kits I see seem to be 2 wire? Surely you need a 3 wire kit: ignition switch live; permanent live; ground ?
If this is not the case and the unit requires only a permanent live feed i.e. 2 wire then assume you could use any proprietary quality assured wiring kit to limit voltage to 5v, protect against over draining of battery, appropriately fused?

Back