Hi every one. I just purchased the mini 0906

Ellen Mcilroy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I seem to have a problem getting in to the menu. I pressed the up button nothing happens, do I need to press another button as well? Also when I connected the camera to my mac thinking maybe I can get in to menu that way . Camera came on and then the a blue screen telling me connected to USB. As an older woman I am a little bit at a loss as to what I am doing wrong. Can I ask your help please.

camera will go into mass store (card reader mode) when connected to a computer

you press and hold to enter the menu, may or may not need to stop recording first (may depend which version you have)

So do I hold that button a long time? I have tried that still nothing. I need to set the time and day etc.

if it has GPS you don't need to set time and date but you will need to set the timezone, you likely need to pause recording before you can get into the menu, if you have trouble doing that remove the memory card and you should be able to access the menu

Thank you for your suggestion. One question please how do I stop the cam from recording.

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated. I will try later when I go out in my car.

Hi jokiin, I went in to my car. I was able to get in to the menu only after removing card. Pressing the OK button did not stop recording it took a photo instead. The problem for me would be if I had to format the card and still can not get in to the menu.

it might vary on yours depending on firmware version, there was a new version released in the last few days, I would suggest updating as there were some important fixes in the latest update

Now here I have another problem. Do I connect the cam direct to my mac? Or just put card direst in to computer and then transfer downloaded zip to card that way. Will the card then transfer the update to the dashcam? I have had earlier models of minis before but never had these problems.

copy the file onto the card using your computer, when you put it back in the camera it will run the update when it turns on

I have done the firmware update. ( i think) put the card back in to dash cam. Still does the same . The OK button takes a picture does not turn of camera. I stll can not get in to the menu unless i take the card out. What can I do now.

sounds like you're holding the button too long, you need to press the ok button quickly, if you press and hold it takes a picture

I thank you both. I finally managed to get to the menu to format my new card. Yes the OK button was my problem by holding it to long. So an old dog can learn new things LOL.

hail to Jokiin's great patience

I'd like to thank Jokiin and Ellen for their questions / answers. I have just purchased a ZE-0906 dashcam and this has answered my queries too.
Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A mini0906 8
redrevis mini0906 120
Back