Hi from new guy/need some help

wwron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Git2
Greetings one and all,
This is all new to this 70 year old kid. First just want to say thanks for all the great posts.

I need some help please. Just got my git2. It has firmware 1.4_0324. I am using a Transcend 32 MB card,have it formatted fat32. I downloaded the version 1.5 firmware to my mac laptop. download file gitfw2.bin comes up. I have followed all posted instructions and still can not down load the new firmware to the card. I tried on a windows PC and files will not down load.

Sorry for the long post I am not very good with computers. If someone here in USA could help I would be more then happy to call.

The camera is working fine with this firmware(1.4) but would like to upgrade.

Thanks again
WWRON

Greetings one and all,
This is all new to this 70 year old kid. First just want to say thanks for all the great posts.

I need some help please. Just got my git2. It has firmware 1.4_0324. I am using a Transcend 32 MB card,have it formatted fat32. I downloaded the version 1.5 firmware to my mac laptop. download file gitfw2.bin comes up. I have followed all posted instructions and still can not down load the new firmware to the card. I tried on a windows PC and files will not down load.

Sorry for the long post I am not very good with computers. If someone here in USA could help I would be more then happy to call.

The camera is working fine with this firmware(1.4) but would like to upgrade.

Thanks again
WWRON
I download the file from Gitup's site to my Win. 7 pro CPU.
I insert the micro sd card into its adapter and place it into the computer's card slot
I copy and paste to the card icon in memory devices. In windows it's the Computer.
Place the micro sd card in your Git 2, and turn it on. It will beep and flash lights and then turn off .
Next power on in menu for version you should see v.1.5 06/21/16
Currently there is a test beta firmware 1.6 that we are waiting for Gitup to finalize.
The website's instructions have been Greek to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks,I will try again on my other PC its running windows10 is that O.K.

the user interface is different, I don't know my way around Win 10.
Two blues thanks again. Can't download on my wife's pc, won't let me. Keep getting message no go. Must be a firewall issue. Will try a friends pc tomorrow.
Wwr

Back