Hi my Hetai DR32 dash cam has stopped recording.

Cool will

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hetai DR32 dashcam has stopped recording onto the SD card, when I put the card in my laptop to view the files there are no details in the properties, all the info is blank.
It used to work when I bought it. has anyone else had this problem is ther a fix for it? thanks.

If the camera seems to be otherwise working normally, try doing a hard reboot by pushing the reset button on the side of the camera with a paper clip AND then reformat the microSD card that you are using in the camera. Use the camera itself to reformat the card, not your computer. If that doesn't fix it try reformatting the card using your computer and see if it can read/write some files from your laptop. Also, you might see if the card will work in another gadget. You may just have a failed card. Good luck!

If the camera seems to be otherwise working normally, try doing a hard reboot by pushing the reset button on the side of the camera with a paper clip AND then reformat the microSD card that you are using in the camera. Use the camera itself to reformat the card, not your computer. If that doesn't fix it try reformatting the card using your computer and see if it can read/write some files from your laptop. Also, you might see if the card will work in another gadget. You may just have a failed card. Good luck!

I have done what you suggested,so far the camera seems to be working when tested for a short while but i will have to give it a long run and see what happens,thank for the info.

That's great! Please report back and let everyone know if the fix-it was permanent.

As I'm sure many folks on this forum already know, my suggestion is probably the first rule-of-thumb thing to try when this sort of thing happens.

That's great! Please report back and let everyone know if the fix-it was permanent.

As I'm sure many folks on this forum already know, my suggestion is probably the first rule-of-thumb thing to try when this sort of thing happens.
I used my dashcam for most of the day,when i viewed the videos on the sd card on my laptop only the first 14 of about 30 where watchable the rest had no data although the showed as files on the sd card.I guess the card or camera has some fault where it on records data for a certain time.The sd card is a 32 gb class 10 so its big enough to hold hours of video,i have another card i will try in it see what results i get.thanks.

Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles. Of course, it could turn out that the camera has a flaw but my hunch is that it is the card. You'll need to find out, of course. One potential issue is that there are a huge number of counterfeit cards on the market and it's important to make sure you have an authentic product of good quality. The fakes cause lots of problems and look just like the real McCoy. Even legitimate retailers have discovered to their dismay that the cards they were selling were fakes. Personally, I have had excellent results from the SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32 GB class 10 and own three of them, purchased from Amazon where you can trust what you are getting. It will come in the proper packaging, which is important when shopping for a card. I use one in my DR32 with good results. In your neck of the woods you can get one from Amazon.com for £19.07

Edit: 10/23/13 The price for a SanDisk Ultra micro SDHC 32GB card is now (as of today) down to £17.75 with free shipping (if you spend enough) If you are in the market for one of these cards check the price periodically. The prices for these often fluctuate on Amazon, usually trending lower, but not always. Curiously, the same SanDisk 32GB card (as of today) on Amazon in the USA is $23.74 (also with free shipping if you spend enough) which (as of today's exchange rates) is £14.84 . Go figure!

Here is good link about fake SanDisk cards.

This link from the above mentioned article is useful also.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles. Of course, it could turn out that the camera has a flaw but my hunch is that it is the card. You'll need to find out, of course. One potential issue is that there are a huge number of counterfeit cards on the market and it's important to make sure you have an authentic product of good quality. The fakes cause lots of problems and look just like the real McCoy. Even legitimate retailers have discovered to their dismay that the cards they were selling were fakes. Personally, I have had excellent results from the SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32 GB class 10 and own three of them, purchased from Amazon where you can trust what you are getting. It will come in the proper packaging, which is important when shopping for a card. I use one in my DR32 with good results. In your neck of the woods you can get one from Amazon.com for £19.07

Here is good link about fake SanDisk cards.

This link from the above mentioned article is useful also.
I have used mt DR32 today with a different SD card in and its working fine,all files have data and play back on my laptop,it is as you said a faulty or fake card,thanks for your help in solving my problem I will have a look at your link for the fake cards and have a look on Amazon for another replacement card,thanks again.

Back