Hi, new owner (SGGCX2PRO) - no G-force data graph in viewer?

rtrski

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, new owner. Had an older SG for years that just worked (aside from the card needing intermittent reformat), so of course when I decided to get a new one for a new ride, I went with you.

One question - I know the SGGCX2PRO has a g-force sensor because it can lock/tag recordings, and such. But am I to understand that g-force data is not continuously embedded in the video, only used for the tagging? If so that's my only slight bummer about it.

Rather than plug in a rear cam and cut the framerate I'm seriously considering a second, but my new car (K900) has a power deployed rear sunshade so I have to make sure whatever I think of installing is small enough to fit between that and the rear glass itself, so I might be better off with the intended rear camera.

I cant recall seeing any dash camera with G sensor info embedded in the video, some let you do that with the GPS coordinates, but i dont recall seeing G values.
My old Lukas LK 7500 did log g sensor ( not visible ), and it came to good use trying to dial in the sensor values manual as it would otherwise trigger all the time, but in the end i just gave up on using G sensor while driving.

OK, thanks. I think I recall seeing live G-force logging from a Mini, years ago, in Registrar viewer....anyway its just fun to see that along with speed, but I can get an Automatic or something like that which logs info from the ODB port if I feel I must.

I have not used a dedicated dashcam viewer for a long time, i just view the raw video with the player in windows.

I too would like to see brake / indicator INFO from OBD too, but thats just a hornets nest as Lukas found out with their cameras, what if any thats supported from your particular make / model car are hit and miss, only chance to have 100% coverage is to buy a Korean car, and then you are not even home safe.
Would be so nice if you could train your OBD connected camera to understand brake and indocator use, steering angle / trottle % / gear ASO Lukas offer dont interest me.

Not really. I'm more interested in g-force data proving I'm not driving like some Fast-n-Furious wannabe butthat. That seems designed for the opposite demographic. Like every Dodge commercial. ;-)

Back on the camera one other question - I'm still just wired thru the lighter port at the moment, haven't hardwired yet, and when I do so will only hardwire to a switched accessory fuse, don't want to risk my car thinking something is seriously wrong with ignition-off drain, as it seems to have rather a lot of built-in diagnostics that are probably somewhat rigid. But a couple times when turning on the ignition the dashcam's let out this rapid alarm-tone. Not beeps more like wheep-wheep-wheep-wheep like a car alarm. Then I get the normal welcome sound and it powers up. What might this be?

My first guess is an overtemp warning because I am in TX and we've had 100 deg days, and the cam is trapped against the glass with my reflective windshield solar shade behind it, too, and it doesn't seem to repeat after I've cooled the car off and gone inside with the motor off for short durations like 10 min (long enough that no doubt the cap is totally drained, but not long enough that the interior has heated back up very high).

But if that means something like a card overwrite or problem warning I wanted to know so I could reformat (again) or swap out. The only problem I ever had with the old SG (and it was hardly a "problem") was needing to reformat the card about every 3 months because something got buggy with time. I just set a schedule on my phone to remind me and don't mind doing so again.

Or I suppose that might be some sort of 'g-force triggered' alarm as a notice that something happened in parking mode...except I don't use parking mode.

In a pinch and probably what people would do is to determine your speed from the video itself as time it take to travel between 2 things in the footage you can go and measure the exact distance in between.
The GPS antenna in the cameras are pretty show, if i drive 50 km/h and brake hard, by the time i stand still the camera still say i an doing 30 km/h or something, same go for acceleration even in my 1000 CCM 60 BHP car.
Also it seem to be GPS have problem when i go thru turns in the road.
So while i do favor GPS and always had it on and speed watermarked on my videos, then really it is just a gadget to me.
That being said i tend to go after the speed on the waze like app i run on my phone, and so far i have not gotten a speeding ticket though i often go past a ATK car ( Automated Traffic kontrol ) at the MAX speed for that stretch of road,,, i have even been a little over at times and not gotten flashed.

I am planning to get a GPS speedo for my car.

"my reflective windshield solar shade behind it " other people have literally melted dashcams that way, or buttons on them at least, with a setup like that you trap the camera in a zone that can get even hotter than if you dident have the solar shade in use.

The new SG models will sound a audio alarm if something prevent them from operating, thats nice VS older cameras that would look as if everything was fine but then they had not been recording for weeks.
Still i would not trust these alarms, so i still do a in camera maintenance format now and then, but not on a schedule just when i feel like it so it can be anything from one month to 3 months in between.

As a tester i also get more frequent beta firmware updates, so those often take care of the in camera format schedule, and as such i tend to be more focused on my cameras where other users might actually forget it is there.

Last edited:
OK so the plot thickens. I unplugged the cam. Hit my push-start on the dash. [Figured if what I was hearing was an overheat I'd let the interior cool a bit with the sunshade down and windows open, then plug in the camera.] But before I could, the alarm tone (which is more like byoo byoo byoo byoo byoo not "wheep" as I thought before) went off. [<---Edited for clarity]

It's my car doing something. But there's no visible indicators anywhere on the dash when that happens. o_O

Last edited:
Sorry jokiin I was unclear. I mean while your camera was completely unplugged, and I started on the car, the sound happened. It's something happening in the start-up sequence of the car - not the camera after all. Searching my manual for what that might mean and so far no luck.

Sorry jokiin I was unclear. I mean while your camera was completely unplugged, and I started on the car, the sound happened. It's something happening in the start-up sequence of the car - not the camera after all. Searching my manual for what that might mean and so far no luck.

So, necro-ing old thread, but...that beeping turned out to be a "SWAT" aftermarket GPS cellular tracker device the dealership had installed in the car, tried to sell me an anti-theft service for. They left it "on" but unregistered hence the beeping. Had them remotely deactivate it, no more beeping. (One of these days will dig into the dash and just remove it, but for now...)

Second minor issue - attempting to watch recordings using an OTG microSD reader adapter and just Android's built in video player. Seems like all recordings are about 2:17 - 2:20 seconds long reportedly, and all will basically stop or corrupt (video stops while progress bar continues) at about 2:05 - 2:10 in.

Will try on a computer when I can, but in the meantime thought I'd ask - likely to be an Android video viewer issue or does this point to something on the camera? I believed I was set for 2 min recordings.

(Of course something happened I wanted to review - and it must be in that 15 seconds or so I can't see at the moment...at work and can't plug microSD reader into a work computer because reasons, so at the moment it's OTG or go back out in the car and attempt to view on a tiny screen.)

So, necro-ing old thread, but...that beeping turned out to be a "SWAT" aftermarket GPS cellular tracker device the dealership had installed in the car, tried to sell me an anti-theft service for. They left it "on" but unregistered hence the beeping. Had them remotely deactivate it, no more beeping. (One of these days will dig into the dash and just remove it, but for now...)

Second minor issue - attempting to watch recordings using an OTG microSD reader adapter and just Android's built in video player. Seems like all recordings are about 2:17 - 2:20 seconds long reportedly, and all will basically stop or corrupt (video stops while progress bar continues) at about 2:05 - 2:10 in.

Will try on a computer when I can, but in the meantime thought I'd ask - likely to be an Android video viewer issue or does this point to something on the camera? I believed I was set for 2 min recordings.

(Of course something happened I wanted to review - and it must be in that 15 seconds or so I can't see at the moment...at work and can't plug microSD reader into a work computer because reasons, so at the moment it's OTG or go back out in the car and attempt to view on a tiny screen.)
definitely check the files on your computer in case it's phone or reader related

what memory card are you using and was it supplied with the camera?

Jokiin,

I went out at lunch time and did the viewing right on the camera. I was set at 3 minute clips not 2 (1080p, 60fps). The files definitely crap out about 2:05 typically, I tested about six.

Transcend card that came with it (64GB).

For now I've reformatted in camera and shortened the cycle to 2 minute clips. Will check on computer after I get home tonight if those are complete.

I don't mind losing the event I wanted to view, that was just for fun not anything that really needed to be kept, but now I'm more curious if I'm 1/3 uncovered but have had a false sense of security.

I have faith we'll figure it out.

Yes, actually, it is. Is this one of the problem cards? I bought from the Amazon storefront on July 28th. Thought I'd read that the bad stock had been fixed by then.... Model # on back is 0010AC HG 07DM2.

Yes, actually, it is. Is this one of the problem cards? I bought from the Amazon storefront on July 28th. Thought I'd read that the bad stock had been fixed by then.... Model # on back is 0010AC HG 07DM2.
yes it's a problem card, we withdrew them but unfortunately Amazon don't always rotate the stock, just check with @Street Guardian USA and they will be able to help you out

Private message received. Replacement card will ship pit tomorrow.

Back