Hi, Please help me about Dashcam for SUV

Welcome to DCT @kimmyfarmvietnam :)

Most cams will work well in an SUV. Are you wanting just a forward-facing cam for driving protection? Or do you want a cam in the rear too? Will you be using 'parking mode' to record when you're not driving? And how much do you want to spend?

With these answers we can certainly find you a good cam you'll like.

Phil

Before you buy a cam with a rear-facing camera, open the rear door of your SUV and try to figure out where you would run the cam cable if you were to mount it on the rear window. I mounted my camera on the window of the liftgate (which swings up when open) of my 2016 Honda CR-V. I ran the cable from the front cam to the rear cam above the fabric headliner so it came out through a hole in the car body, in the door frame that the liftgate seals against. This hole is where wiring runs between the door frame and the liftgate itself. This wiring is enclosed in a rubber tube which would have been a good way to route the cam cable to the liftgate if my cable didn't have a 90 degree plug on the camera end. Since the 90 degree plug wouldn't fit through the rubber tube along with the existing wiring I had to run the cam cable parallel to the tube, entering the liftgate under a second rubber seal. Since these two holes and their rubber seals are exposed to weather when the liftgate is closed I had to apply a little silicone caulking around the cam cable where it went through both holes beside each rubber seal.

Back