Hidden Dash Cam System

ron2161

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a camera system where you can place the camera box under your seat or glovebox? Also with dual cam capabilities. It's a hassle having to take down my cam everywhere I go. I want to prevent thieves from getting funny ideas.

Thanks,

ron

Hi ron2161,

Most of the mobile DVR's have poor video quality (Standard definition, 480p). The Itronics ITB-500HD is a dual camera that might make sense. It is expensive and video quality is not the greatest though. The Lukas LK-7300G is a single lens camera that has a separate DVR but it has limited English support.

If video quality is important to you, you won't have much choice now.

Last edited by a moderator:
DashCamMan said:
Hi ron2161,

Most of the mobile DVR's have poor video quality (Standard definition, 480p). The Itronics ITB-500HD is a dual camera that might make sense. It is expensive and video quality is not the greatest though. The Lukas LK-7300G is a single lens camera that has a separate DVR but it has limited English support.

If video quality is important to you, you won't have much choice now.

According to this
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LUKAS-LK-7900-AC ... 3a7e6bbd18
They will supply an English manual. Apple-CT posting here say there might be more support than some think.
I have been looking at this item for a while and may pull the trigger this weekend unless someone can tell me why I shouldn't.

The cheapest and smallest solution until now with a good 720p quality is the 808 original camera.
The best versions until now are the #18 (~$36) and #16 (~40) models which can be found on ebay sold by trusted sellers.

Here you can see how can be mounted and how small it is:

Day video recording with normal (not wide) lens

Here you can see a comparison with the 1080p F900 dash cam:

Here is reading the license plates comparison with ITB-100HD:

Day comparison with ITB-100HD:

Day comparison also with ITB-250HD

enjoy,
Mtz

Back