Hidden feature on Yi Cam when battery is accidentally pull out

luckylz

Reaction score
Country
China
Today, I'm testing the Yi Cam, risking my micro sd card to be damaged.
During recording videos, I pull out the battery to stop recording. Sure the last video will be broken be default !
But don't worry, there are more than 1 method to have this issue fixed easily !

Method 1: which is hidden function shipped with Yi Cam
Put back the battery, and power on again. Now the last video will be automatically repaired by Yi Cam ! What the wonderful function I have found ! :p

But wait ! Where are the last 10 seconds in the video, before I pull out the battery? That's the Yi Cam default setting of this kind of issue. You can not get them back if you JUST USE the default recovery method on Yi Cam itself.

Do I have alternative method to "fully" recover the video. YES ! I also found out another method.

Method 2: I got a software called: HDVideoRepairUtility
This software is not freeware, so I will not share it here. What you can do is try GOOGLE it. ;)

It's good to have both English & Chinese translation. Just easily 3 steps, can get your damaged video fixed.

(1) Choose your damaged video;
(2) Choose any of a good video, with the same setting as damaged one;
(3) Just click scan, let the software do the rest.
fixed_1.png

After a while with enough LUCKY, not my name @luckylz :D, the video will be recovered in the default folder named: "repaired":
fixed_2.png

The software also have repair report & logfile in html format:
fixed_3.png

fixed_4.png

Never mind the Chinese, now you can see, using this software, I can get 9 seconds more than Yi Cam original feature. In most case for a dashcam, the last 9 seconds are the most important thing !
fixed_5.png

But the software isn't that perfect, as I notice the "Video Frame Rate" has been changed from 29.97fps to 30fps. Just a tini tiny little unperfection. :mad:
fixed_6.png

FINAL CAUTIONS ! NEVER TRY TO PULL OUT THE BATTERY OF CAMERA WHILE RECORDING! UNLESS YOU KNOW POSSIBLE RISK TO DAMAGE YOUR CARD !

Back