hidden interior camera

kavad

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi

I want to install camera inside the car for interior recording.
No leds, no beeps, hidden.

What are my choices?
Thank you.

Mobius, perhaps with the remote lens option.

(You should really post stuff like this in the "What Should I Buy Forum".)

What is your budget?
How “hidden“ must be lens / camera?

What is your budget?
How “hidden“ must be lens / camera?

@niko, aside from budgetary restrictions what else might you recommend for this purpose other than a Mobius? ("No leds, no beeps, hidden") I might also add, "no screen". Nobody knows what exists on the market better than you.

@niko, aside from budgetary restrictions what else might you recommend for this purpose other than a Mobius? ("No leds, no beeps, hidden") Nobody knows what exists on the market better than you.

their prior model (can't remember the number) but one of the keychain models the the Mobius guys do might also be a suitable candidate, some of these support longer lens extensions and have quite small lens assemblies that might suit this application

Budget is not a problem. I want it covert.
I have the keychain but I want something that starts and stops automatically and gets power from the car.

Thank you

their prior model (can't remember the number) but one of the keychain models the the Mobius guys do might also be a suitable candidate, some of these support longer lens extensions and have quite small lens assemblies that might suit this application

I believe it's the 808 #16. Interesting idea!.....except I think IQ might suffer. Could be viable though.

not sure of the model numbers but I think @Mtz used to use one a long time ago and the results were pretty good

It was before my time with the Mobius but I was well aware of the keychain cameras and almost bought one. They just weren't ready to become dash cams though. Results were great for the time but not up to today's standards even after much further development beyond this early example.

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/c16/#111126

#16.jpg

pretty sure it was @Mtz that was experimenting with these at the time, whichever model it was the results were quite decent, for interior use we're not really talking about a lot of distance so even 720p might suffice

Hi

What are my choices?
Thank you.

I recently bought the möbius c2 off of buymobius for an interior cam. Möbius is a relatively cheap and unnoticeable camera that would work. The gurus on here say the 1 is better....I got the wide angle lens. It comes with a shotty suction cup mount....make a homemade one. I put mine on my oh **** handle next to the pillar that will hide my wire. It stays there just fine...small and lightweight.

Hi

What are my choices?
Thank you.

LEDs can be covered with black electricians tape. A lot of cams allow beep noises to be switched off.
Check the laws in your country regarding internal recording and whether your users/passengers need to be informed when they're being recorded.

And be warned as light start to fade the inside of a car get pretty dark for a little camera to handle, dont expect to be seeing much on the footage recorded in darkness / night.

From all these cameras I agree the Mobius is the best.
For example the manufacturer of 808 #18 is launching the Matecam X1 a 4H-HI camera but is not so hidden like previous keychain cameras.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thank you everyone.

On mobius can I detach just the lens and hide the body somewhere else?

Is there specific name for this cable?

Back