highest capacity samsung/sandisk card?

twitchyzero

Reaction score
Country
Canada
been using the standard 16gb blackvue card but it doesnt hold much

my 200GB sandisk from 2015 keeps bootlooping, even on latest firmware

I have a 256gb Samsung evo select I could try to test

but thinking about getting the 512gb evo plus, anyone ever try the 256/512gb evo select or plus?

thank you

That's a lot of stuff to loose when the card fails.
You really should use 'High Endurance' SD cards designed for continuous recording.

the 200gb i have has been running in my qvia for years, i like the idea of going back after the fact a week or longer later and know it's still there
but i'll entertain your idea: can you recommend a 128GB+ hi-endurance from samsung/sandisk that's been tested on the 750s?

I have got a couple of Kingston High Endurance (HE) 128Gb card in one of my 750s and a Samsung HE 128Gb in the other with no problems.
There have been reports in the past that Sandisk have given problems, but that was about the non-high endurance cards. I believe that Samsung is now making a 256Gb HE card, but it ain't cheap.

Blackvue have just released their own 256GB cards, not sure how well priced they'll be, they're finally phasing out the 16GB cards as well

just ordered the sandisk he 256gb for 47 USD
i still trust Sammy cells more than WD/Toshiba but dont want to wait for it

I've been using a Samsung Evo 256gb card and recently have been plagued with lots of random reboots. I am thinking it is the card cause once I reformat the card, it will be good for about a week and then start again.

Going today to pick up a 128gb Samsung Pro Endurance card

EL,

Same issue here matr 200gb samsung card. I do think blackvue coded there cameras to playup if its unbranded. Or am I just superstitious.

Camera used to be great but problem after problem recently

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

EL,

Same issue here matr 200gb samsung card. I do think blackvue coded there cameras to playup if its unbranded. Or am I just superstitious.

Camera used to be great but problem after problem recently

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
My new 128gb card works flawlessly. No issues.

just ordered the sandisk he 256gb for 47 USD
i still trust Sammy cells more than WD/Toshiba but dont want to wait for it
Hey did the new card work?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I had used Samsung Evo 512GB card with latest firmware for almost 2 week. It work fine without any issue.

I use a 256GB Kingston Canvas Select microSDXC. Had to format it with FAT32 before my BlackVue would accept it, exFAT did not work.

Max sd card for the 750S is 128gb. Could that be your problem? Also, I had the Blackvue 128gb card for 2 years. Couple weeks ago my camera rebooted itself while I was driving. So I reformatted it. After reformat, I kept getting the audible "Check SD Card" over and over. Unable to reformat in the cam, using Windows pc, and tried a force reformat. What I learned is when this happens, the sd card is bricked. You need a new one. I bitched to Blackvue, but I was way past the 6 mo sd card wrrty. I then told them that they overcharge for their cards to give a 6 mo wrrty. So the next thing I got was the Samsung 128gb Endurance Pro card. Works fine so far and it meets their spec. Samsung offers 5yr wrrty.

Ihad used the512G card more then 3 month, it work fine for sure

Now that is impressive. Keep us up to date. If Samsung made a 256gb Endurance Pro, I would try it.

I installed a WD Purple 256gb to replace my 128gb Samsung Endurance pro in my 750S. I've started to hear (I hear the startup sound) my camera randomly reboot at random times. I performed a full format using the dashcam and will continue to monitor this to see if it just doesnt like the WD Purple. Did not have this issue with the Samsung endurance pro

Sounds odd, I had no issues with WD Purple in DR900S whatsoever. I hadn't opportunity to test it in DR750 though but they share the same chipset. :)

Are you sure it's genuine card? I think i read here somewhere that some buyers got counterfeits or something like that (from Amazon?).

since formatting the WD purple in my 750S, I havent heard it restart. So something mustve been corrupt previously

ALways thought the limit on the 750s (this is the section for that camera BTW), was 128gb? Double or quadruple that would be most helpful as my camera runs continuously so i only ever have 1-2 days worth of footage

Back