Hindsight is 20/20

zapstrap

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've been a member of this forum for a while now. In that time, I have been experimenting with various multi-channel camera systems, usually from China. Virtually all of them had some fatal flaw that made marketing them pointless.

This whole journey began as a passion to show what really happens to truckers out there in "the real world", from as many angles as possible, and if it saves just one professional driver from some bogus claim, then it's already worth it to me.

That said, I have found a couple of multi-channel Mobile Video Systems that I think are of good to excellent quality and are made in South Korea. I've been working with them for 9 months and think that we have a winning product here. But, that's just my opinion... :rolleyes:

The only opinions that count are from the experts, the actual users.

So far, our test units have performed well.

That said, and with the permission of the site, I want to provide you with a link to our website.

www.driversprotec.com

We are expecting to have a new 1080p 4-channel system that will replace the current 'Quattro' system. It will be available very soon.

These systems are made for the trucking industry. All of the parts are rugged, but the rear viewing cams are nothing short of bullet proof.

I really respect you guys on here, and constructive criticism is always welcome.

Thanks

The reason Chines cams have proliferated is low cost, and since you don't get what you don't pay for they can be inadequate. If every vehicle were well-equipped with cams (interior cams to show what the driver was doing too) and the courts would act to get the bad drivers off the roads quickly, we'd have almost no problems. In the meantime it's up to each of us to protect ourselves. And it's good to have input from the pro drivers who see more miles (and incidents) in a couple years than the average person does in a lifetime.

Now if we could only have good cams cheaper, but that ain't gonna happen because it can't!

Phil

(interior cams to show what the driver was doing too)
big brother indeed. I agree with the overall sentiment though. My cams don't face inward but if i ever find time to install my currently unused a118's as side cams hanging from the roof console (by map lights) they will partially capture whoever's in the driver's seat.

Ain't what I want either but it would hopefully rid us of inattentive drivers and once that's done we wouldn't need them anymore.

Phil

Ain't what I want either but it would hopefully rid us of inattentive drivers and once that's done we wouldn't need them anymore.

Phil
You know as well as i do that once something like that is implemented, the gooberment will never take it back because they like it too much.

Last edited:
First of all, properly aimed, mirror mounted rear facing mirrored cameras just catch the sides of the vehicle for easier reference. They have a 120° coverage, so you can see across many lanes, like an extra set of mirrors that record, just in case.
Personally, I think that driver facing cameras should be outlawed. Cams around the truck? Freekin eh. Watching me scratch... I don't think so. OTH drivers live in the cab... Hey, I know, let's put cameras in the trucking company owner's bedroom too, just to even it out.
Sure, they show examples of in cab cameras saving the driver from fault. How many poor truck drivers got another piece of their paycheck stolen for some bs trivial, personal thing? Who are these as****es anyway?
The bottom line here is that this particular product is aimed specifically at the owner/operator segment of the market, where the last vestiges of freedom are trying to hold ground.
When you experience a shakedown, and that's what it is, you pull out a camera and see how quickly the carebares run! They get reeal friendly once they know they're on live and in colour.

Last edited:
If a cop can't control his mental problem, he should no work at that moment.
The worst part is, that he know he could have mess up his living.
Luckily the truck driver stayed calm.

If a cop can't control his mental problem, he should no work at that moment.
The worst part is, that he know he could have mess up his living.
Luckily the truck driver stayed calm.

The rules and regulations are enforced, with punishment meted out on the spot. In the case of logbook violations, a driver can be forced to sit wherever he is stopped, for up to 72 hours! No food, no bathroom, no trial. If the cop wants to be a real dick, he can say you're parked illegally and have the whole thing towed to an impound lot! Now have fun, because you're not getting your truck out of "jail" without paying the impound fees, which for a tractor/trailer isn't going to be cheap. Then just because you were such a good sport about it, you still have the fines and mark against your CVOR. I am not advocating violence, but it amazes me that more truckers haven't assaulted some these badge heavy as***les.
I know from experience how the whole situation can be very civilized once they know they are being recorded. That has been my motivation for pursuing this, to protect professional drivers and to hold the authorities accountable. Catching stupid 4-wheelers being stupid is just a bonus!

The reason Chines cams have proliferated is low cost, and since you don't get what you don't pay for they can be inadequate. If every vehicle were well-equipped with cams (interior cams to show what the driver was doing too) and the courts would act to get the bad drivers off the roads quickly, we'd have almost no problems. In the meantime it's up to each of us to protect ourselves. And it's good to have input from the pro drivers who see more miles (and incidents) in a couple years than the average person does in a lifetime.

Now if we could only have good cams cheaper, but that ain't gonna happen because it can't!

Phil

I certainly agree regarding personal responsibility.

As for Chinese manufacturers, to be fair, there are a growing number of Chinese companies that are trying very hard to change that country's reputation for poor quality. I have some as advertisers, and many of the best products I own were made in China.

Some of us remember when "Made in Japan" and "Made in Korea" were synonymous with "cheap crap." It took a while for those countries to shed that reputation and for the quality of their products to be respected. I'm sure China will as well.

Richard

Back