Hit and run accident info exchange

Eternum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi folks,

First question here on this forum. Sorry if this was discussed already.

Someone I know was involved in a hit and run accident while driving on a highway a few days ago. Damages to the car are fairly serious with preliminary collision shop estimate running around 5K. Another person I know, who lives outside of the US, told me that they have some place online, where folks can post time and location of an accident, car details, etc. If someone happened to drive nearby at the time in question with a dash cam, usually uploads video that potentially can help identify whoever is responsible for the accident.

I wonder if someone knows about something similar for the US where people can exchange information and help each other in situations like the one I described?

Thank you.

Not aware of such a place, i would assume a post & search on various social media would be the route to go to see if there are a chance dashcam capture.

Helping others making sure the right one get blamed are my #2 reason to getting a dashcam.
Earlier this year a captured a red light runner causing a crash, and the driver then leave the scene quickly there after, but not before i got him on video ( not in this clip though )
And according to police " O we know that guy" :)

This is one of the few good things about social media- for stuff like this you can get more people informed faster than nearly any other way. Just remember that a dashcam's
SD card memory is time-limited before the file you want gets overwritten so if you need this kind of help, get the message out as quickly as you can ;)

Phil

Back