Hit and run accident on Cammers car

At least dashcam got a good plate capture, so things will be straiten out, only issue might be is Canadian law holds a punishment for the guy thats worth it.

Was that a cop standing on the corner or just a crossing guard?

Its a crossing guard. The Toronto Police is responsible for hiring civilians to work three hour stretches
See
https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/careers/jc-crossing_guard.pdf

From above

All applicants must:
* Be eligible to work in Canada.
* Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
* Be able to verbally communicate in English.
* Not be facing criminal charges or charges under a Federal Statute.
* Be of good moral character and habits.
* Meet minimum vision requirements of 20/50 in both eyes. Corrective lenses may be worn.
* Be certified by a qualified medical practitioner as medically fit to perform the duties of a school grossing guard.

In cool weather, they are issued a coat that with a label toronto police. The colour could be mistaken as that of a police officer.

I am not sure what advantages they have in connection to be hired by the police as opposed by the school board. I doubt it gives them any more authority than being a private security guard. Perhaps the advantages is they lessons directly from the police on road rules or pedestrian crossings.

Crossing guards here are just kids from the higher grades, 7-8-9 grade i think.
And i dont recall them being paid anything, just cheap child labor.

V1-701119907.jpg&MaxW=620&MaxH=413&Q=100&IsoModifiedDate=20110106090432

Depends on the intersection. There are two schools close to home where I live. Quiet residential road. Rarely am I driving by school hours open or closing hours but I believe saw kids. On major multi lanes roads, like the one in the video above, they have adults

Seems the link I included is old as the pay is $13 an hour now.
http://www.680news.com/2011/08/12/toronto-police-recruiting-school-crossing-guards/

Please dont tell me the cammer parked it right there waiting on the police. Nothing grates me more than folks that seem to think they need to sit where the accident occurred. Cops arent stupid, they dont need you to sit and wait on them. Outside of serious injury, move to the shoulder or a parking lot people! Wonder why that dude ran the red light?

That was a dumbass, could have hit kids on the other side.
Hope they take his insurance rates to the sky.

Please dont tell me the cammer parked it right there waiting on the police. Nothing grates me more than folks that seem to think they need to sit where the accident occurred. Cops arent stupid, they dont need you to sit and wait on them. Outside of serious injury, move to the shoulder or a parking lot people! Wonder why that dude ran the red light?

If the car is driveable, its to be driven off the road and to the side so it does not block traffic. Its required to go a collision reporting centre and NOT wait for police. Exceptions to NOT require police assistance is there is a serious injury, death or criminal matter like a drunk driver or stolen car.

The other driver all of a sudden drove aggressively. Who knows may it was stolen. Still, the cammers car should have moved after the light changed.

Last edited:
Back