HK3 hard wire kit doesn't turn off at 12.4V

• Thread starter Deleted member 72590
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 72590

So I've got the HK3 set to a 12.4v cutoff, but every time I measure the battery after leaving the car for a few days, the battery has drained past 12.4v at around 12.33v. Nbd, but has anyone else experienced this? I think 12.33v falls into the "almost deep cycle" territory depending on the temperature outside and I would prefer to just maintain the lifetime of my car battery.

I usually use parking mode for the short times I'm outside so a 30 min - 1 hour recording when I'm parked at the grocery store is fine so I prefer to just keep it powered off the starter battery (every other time I'm parked is in a garage at home or somewhere pretty secure where I'm unlikely to get hit/clipped/broken into), and the additional value of an external battery doesn't seem to be worth it.

Is there any way to make this thing behave properly?

For the use you describe, you could set the parking timer so that it always stops recording after 1 or 2 hours, that would leave your battery nearly full every time.

12.33 is actually quite high, depends on the battery, but it should be three quarters full, and maybe a lot more than three quarters, I wouldn't worry about that other than to make sure that it does get a 100% charge every month or two. If you never do multi-hour drives then an overnight battery charger once every few months would be good for the battery.

If you have an AGM battery then 12.33 is no issue at all.

Pour le kit VIOFO pour ma nouvelle caméra A129 Plus Duo, voici les lectures:
Réglage 11.8: la caméra fonctionne toujours à 11,74 volts à 11,73 volts elle se coupe
Réglage 12,0: la caméra fonctionne toujours à 11,94 volts à 11,93 volts elle se coupe
Réglage 12.2: la caméra fonctionne toujours à 12,12 volts à 12,11 volts elle se coupe
Réglage 12.4: la caméra fonctionne toujours à 12,30 Volt à 12,29 Volt elle se coupe

5jad.jpg

Reactions: Mtz
+/- 0.1v tolerance on these so that's within spec

better if you post in English in future

That is less than 1%, that is very good.
For lead acid wet cell batteries, 10.8 is flat 12.6 is full, up to 13.6 is float.
12.33 is around 85%

Most cars can still crank and start with 9v, I know mine can.
Dropping below 10.8 will cut the battery lifespan by half, usually a battery can last around 8 years.
My last battery lasted me 2 and a half years, the battery was drained below 10.8 twice (8/2/2=2).

I use it in 12.4v setting, it really cuts off at 12.2v and after that the battery will float around 12.3v, which is still OK. I wouldn't want to use anything lower tho.

Back