HK3 Hardwire Kit or Vico-Power PLUS

number27

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I received a dashcam for a while.
I need to use the parking mode. Because I parked the car in public.
Now I connect DashCam with Power Bank.
I have a problem, I have to charge the power bank every day.
So I thought I should connect DashCam to the fuse box.
But I can't decide whether to choose HK3 Hardwire Kit or Vico-Power PLUS.
HK3 Hardwire Kit when switching on The camera will enter normal mode. When turning off the switch, it will enter the parking mode in 10 seconds.
Vico-Power PLUS can set the minimum voltage at 11.4V and the maximum at 12.6V.
It can also be turned off when the temperature is too high. Which this feature I want Because I parked the car outdoors And my country is very hot Maximum temperature 36 degrees Celsius.
But it will not enter or exit the parking mode when turning on or off the switch It must wait for the camera to be unable to move or vibrate for 5 minutes to enter the parking mode. And will exit the parking mode when there is more speed 7 km/h

I therefore ask the opinion of all people to choose HK3 Hardwire Kit or Vico-Power PLUS.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

I've used the VPP with the A129 and prefer it over their hardwire kit. Besides the additional features, biggest advantage is easy access to turn on/off Parking Mode. Another benefit that I don't see discussed is if you ever collide with another vehicle and the engine turns off, the VPP with the PM switch flicked to ON will keep the camera(s) powered.

The 2 wire Parking Mode "solution" as per my experience works fine. Preferred mode - Low-bitrate.

I've used the VPP with the A129 and prefer it over their hardwire kit. Besides the additional features, biggest advantage is easy access to turn on/off Parking Mode. Another benefit that I don't see discussed is if you ever collide with another vehicle and the engine turns off, the VPP with the PM switch flicked to ON will keep the camera(s) powered.

The 2 wire Parking Mode "solution" as per my experience works fine. Preferred mode - Low-bitrate.

Thank you for your comments

Thank you for your comments

Are the Vico Power Plus units even available for sale? Google does not find any real sellers in USA. Is it available where you are???

Last edited:
Are the Vico Power Plus units even available for sale? Google does not find any real sellers in USA. Is it available where you are???

they were deleted over a year ago, will be hard to find now, would have to find whoever has old stock still

they were deleted over a year ago, will be hard to find now, would have to find whoever has old stock still

I couldn't find one back then either. And it seems anyone that has one for sale now wants to charge almost as much for it as the A129.

they stopped manufacturing them quite a while ago, stock ran out over a year ago, not worth what they're asking on eBay that's for sure

On the A129, if you do not want parking mode then you can long press the menu button on the camera and it will power down. The HK3 will cause it to start recording again next time you start the engine. HK3 also has the voltage selection, the only thing it is missing is the high temperature shutdown, Viofo seem to think that the A129 can handle any temperature and I've not heard of anyone proving them wrong!

Today I use a thermometer in the car cabin.
I measured the temperature to 40 degrees Celsius. Outside 32.7 degrees Celsius
I parked the car under the tree. Which will give the shade in the morning and at noon
But in the afternoon, my car was sunny.

I think I will take the car to park in the open. Keep the car in the sun all day long. Then I will measure the temperature in the cabin

If the temperature is measured below 60 degrees Celsius. I use HK3 Hardwire Kit because I don't have to worry about the heat of the dashcam too high.
In the official website, A129 can operate at -10 to 65 degrees Celsius.

HK3 Hardwire Kit is priced at 8.47 US dollars, which is cheaper than Vico Power Plus with a price of 53.75 US dollars. It makes me save more money.

Last edited:
Considering availability, it's a good price.

If you were drawn to the VPP just for the additional over temp protection, I think you'll be fine with the 3 wire kit.

I parked the car in the open. The sun is all day long.
At noon, the sun is soft. Outside temperature is 35 degrees Celsius. Inside the cabin up to 64 degrees Celsius (In the figure. Gauge on the left)
But in the afternoon the sun was very strong. Temperatures rise above 70 degrees Celsius
Do you think I should use Vico Power Plus or the temperature is not a problem?

pvj5akmhp5egyL6PApU-o.jpg

The temp sensor is inside the VPP, so unless you mount it on the windscreen or dash, it's actually of no use. My VPP is stuck near the gear shift below the centre console, has never turned off due to high temps.

The temp sensor is inside the VPP, so unless you mount it on the windscreen or dash, it's actually of no use. My VPP is stuck near the gear shift below the centre console, has never turned off due to high temps.
I think I will install Vico Power Plus under the steering wheel.
Does it work?
I notice you are in Delhi, India. How much is your hottest temperature?

Back