HK3 Kit and Fuse Taps

SWoMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an HK3 kit and use two Fuse Taps to connect to the power source fuses. I'm a bit concerned about the connections from the Fuse Tap wires to the Red and Yellow wires so I'd like to know how others may have joined them. I'd prefer a plug and socket connection with screw cable connectors, or possibly a similar with crimped pins, but I dont want to solder in case the HK3 kit has to be swapped out at any time.

Suggestions welcome please...

I've been using WAGO connectors. No issue for the past 3 years.

Can you say which units (their website lists a lot!)? If you are using the series 221/222, do you put both cables in to make the join? If so, I presume you cant just unplug one (supply) connection?

If you solder them then you can always chop the ends off and solder some different fuse taps on if you get a car with a different type of fuse, just make sure you leave a little spare cable, the supplied cables are more than long enough. Soldering is the most secure method, making sure you use some heatshrink tube to insulate the join. With crimp connectors you also need to chop a little off if you need to change the fuse type.

Reactions: Mtz
Can you say which units (their website lists a lot!)? If you are using the series 221/222, do you put both cables in to make the join? If so, I presume you cant just unplug one (supply) connection?

Back