Honda CR-V hardwire Viofo A129 GPS Dual

It's 6 meters long. It's long enough to wire thou ceiling. But 6meters is not enough to wire thru A-pillar and floor...

How do you figure? I drive a Volvo S60 and at least 3 meters left over running over A-Pillars and headliner. I very much believe that you could route over a Pillar and through the floor with that amount of cabling. I had so much left over, it became a pain in the ass to tuck away neatly.

How do you figure? I drive a Volvo S60 and at least 3 meters left over running over A-Pillars and headliner. I very much believe that you could route over a Pillar and through the floor with that amount of cabling. I had so much left over, it became a pain in the ass to tuck away neatly.

It's long enough to wire thru ceiling/headliner. But it's not long enough to wire thru floor. My first idea was to wire thru floor (two cables power and to rear camera to the fuse box, then cable to rear camera thru floor) to avoid removing ceiling. But distance in my CR-V was longer than 6meters. So I wired thru ceiling, as described in #1 post.

Honda CR-Vs are not very large SUVS. Hardwire Kit is run over A-Pillar (behind airbag) and to the Fuse Box. Second Wire (6 meters) is run from Camera ---> A Pillar (behind airbag) and down to Floor or over headliner. Very strange 6 meters wasn't enough.

Honda CR-Vs are not very large SUVS. Hardwire Kit is run over A-Pillar (behind airbag) and to the Fuse Box. Second Wire (6 meters) is run from Camera ---> A Pillar (behind airbag) and down to Floor or over headliner. Very strange 6 meters wasn't enough.

I just wrote that 6meters it not enough to wire second wire (to rear camera) from front camera thru floor (not headliner) - RED LINE ON SCHEMA.
If wires from front to rear camera go thru ceiling/headliner 6 meters is enough - GREEN LINE ON SCHEMA.
In this case (wiring rear camera thru ceiling) cable to rear camera do not go thru A pillar!

My initial idea was to wire front and rear camera as red line goes. But finally I wired it as green line go.

Last edited:
I just wrote that 6meters it not enough to wire second wire (to rear camera) from front camera thru floor (not headliner) - RED LINE ON SCHEMA.
If wires from front to rear camera go thru ceiling/headliner 6 meters is enough - GREEN LINE ON SCHEMA.
In this case (wiring rear camera thru ceiling) cable to rear camera do not go thru A pillar!
View attachment 44868

My initial idea was to wire front and rear camera as red line goes. But finally I wired it as green line go.

Running through the headliner is a wise choice if you want to avoid having to remove a bunch of trim. I had to remove A and C Pillar and tuck behind my side curtains. Running along the floor would have required a lot of effort to removing the B-Pillar. So instead I ran hardwire and Rear Cable along headliner and behind A-Pillar. Terminating the Hardwire below the glove box and into the front passenger carpet. Where the fuse box was located.

For the wiring from Front Camera ---> Rear I had to go behind A-Pillar curtain, Run Over B Pillar (no need to remove. Seatbelt sits above Curtain) and Under the Side Curtain for C-Pillar terminating out the rear Window.

All this is easily avoided by doing a headliner install. One question: Did you run cabling through wire protector instead of having the wire danging?

One question: Did you run cabling through wire protector instead of having the wire danging?

Not yet. But my plan is to do.
Another change which I'm considering is replacing BlackVue Power Magic Pro with ViofoHardwire...
But first of all I'm going to install camera in another car. For this second installation I bought Viofo A129 GPS Dual, Samsung Evo 128GB memory card, Bluetooth remote control, Viofo Hardwire and Black Vue Power Magic Ultra Battery B-124. For this second installation I'm considering wiring thru floor.
Red line is power cable (Viofo Hardwire cable). Red box is power bank. Green line is signal cable from rear to front camera.

Last edited:
Not yet. But my plan is to do.
Another change which I'm considering is replacing BlackVue Power Magic Pro with ViofoHardwire...
But first of all I'm going to install camera in another car. For this second installation I bought Viofo A129 GPS Dual, Samsung Evo 128GB memory card, Bluetooth remote control, Viofo Hardwire and Black Vue Power Magic Ultra Battery B-124. For this second installation I'm considering wiring thru floor.
View attachment 44871
Red line is power cable (Viofo Hardwire cable). Red box is power bank. Green line is signal cable from rear to front camera.

If you can route completely under the headliner and avoid having to remove any trim, then great! Otherwise, crossing over trim means tucking wires behind the side curtains (if applicable). I use a Sandisk A-2 Etreme 256GB card in my Viofo and have no problems. Works great.

Do you intend to hardwire kit? If so what would be the purpose of the Black Vue Power Magic Ultra Battery? In case the cutoff shuts down the camera and to continue providing power?

Do you intend to hardwire kit? If so what would be the purpose of the Black Vue Power Magic Ultra Battery? In case the cutoff shuts down the camera and to continue providing power?
Viofo Hardwire will be installed to switch to the parking mode while car is "switched off". In parking mode camera will work in low-bitrate mode.

Viofo Hardwire will be installed to switch to the parking mode while car is "switched off". In parking mode camera will work in low-bitrate mode.

So you don't want low bitrate recording? And want battery pack to allow for full quality? Or am I mistaken.

So you don't want low bitrate recording? And want battery pack to allow for full quality? Or am I mistaken.
While driving camera will record in normal mode. While parked camera will record in low bitrate. Black Vue B-124 have 4-PIN dashcam port. On ACC Pin power appears while battery is charging. It's kind of direct connection between DC IN and dashcam port. This PIN will be connected with the ACC cable on ViofoHardwie. The B+ pin on power bank will be connected with BAT cable on Viofo Hardwire.
44873 44874

Last edited:
I decided to replace BlackVue Power Magic Pro with Viofo Hardwire Kit.
Now Viofo Hardwire Kit is installed on pedal support. Cut-off voltage can be changed without removing plastic finishers:
IMG_20190331_200744.jpg
Power wire is now directly connected to the camera (not GPS):
IMG_20190403_183923.jpgIMG_20190403_184329.jpgIMG_20190403_184529.jpg

Last edited:
Bought the Viofo A129 GPS DUAL, BlackVue Power Magic Pro (replaced with Viofo Hardwire Kit), CPL filter, Samsung Evo 128GB memory card and Bluetooth remote control. Installed into Honda CR-V MY2014 (European). I was inspired by @GWN21 installation described here.

The front camera is attached to the windshield. Power wires go from the cabin fusebox thru the A-piller. Cable to the rear camera go thru headlining.
It was necessary to remove A, B and C-piller covers, sunvisors, ceiling lamps, plastics near cabin fusebox etc.

View attachment 44672View attachment 44671View attachment 44673

View attachment 44674

Nice job. I just installed one in a 2012 Honda CR-V, but I placed my main unit directly underneath the rearview mirror. I kinda wish I would have placed my similar to yours, so I may reposition it. I'm assuming yours is mounted on the driver's side, just to the right of the mirror, correct? Have you had any problems with it getting in the way or becoming a distraction in that position?

I kinda wish I would have placed my similar to yours, so I may reposition it. I'm assuming yours is mounted on the driver's side, just to the right of the mirror, correct?

Camera is mounted on the passenger side. The reason of location is, that in some EU countries (for example Slovakia) nothing can be placed on "driver's field of vision".

Have you had any problems with it getting in the way or becoming a distraction in that position?

In this position camera is difficult to operate while driving. It's also why I bought Bluetooth remote control.

Yes, that looks much better. Sadly, I ran my cable along the bottom so I didn't have enough to do that. :(

Back