Hoping this performs better than the K1

hawkbox

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Innovv K3, Viofo A119v2
Bought a 2021 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and figure I need a dash cam for it. The issues seem to have been worked out and I've worked the OCDTronic guys before on other cameras so I have faith in their follow through. I thought about going the Viofo route but they seem to be less actively supported.
Just placed the order so I am curious to see how it performs and if I wasted my money or not.

That's honestly why I've been willing to even consider buying another one is my good previous experience with OCD.

The K1 was a rebranded product from an ex factory partner that's no longer in business. Once INNOVV had enough funds they were able to design their own product from scratch which resulted in the K2. The K3 is the best product yet. They took everything they learned over the years and added many incremental improvements since then.
If you have any questions, @OCD Tronic Canada (Sam) will help you out in Canada.

@OCD Tronic Canada I do hve a concern, I just received the K3 I ordered and the package had clearly be opened before. The box didn't close completely and the packaging had largely just been stuffed in with it. It looks like everything is there but I want to make sure if there is a problem this is acknowledged. I'm going to attempt to use it, but this isn't filling me with good vibes.

1619483616698.png

That’s because the factory had a last-minute critical firmware update to fix a last minute bug that was discovered. We had to unpack every single one to do the update and repack them which was very difficult. It took a few days to go through all of them actually. Sorry about that it’s brand new for sure. We’ve only been selling it for a couple of weeks.

I just looked at your photo where is all the black foam that surrounds every item? It can’t be how it arrived as shown. It should have only been slightly out of alignment from the reboxing.
If it did arrive that was as shown, the only explanation is customs opened it up for inspection. Canada stock is delayed so I helped ship a few K3 orders to Canada from the USA via UPS.

479ea20fa3192d034b5f500fc766f540.jpg

Last edited:
if that shipped from USA to Canada it may have been opened by customs, they make a mess of our stock sometimes when they open stuff up to check

The foam was sitting beside it as it had all just been stuff in the box and the box was sitting half open. The large black piece was just shoved on top of everything. It could make sense if customs did it but it had me concerned. It does all seem to be here, and if they were doing firmware upgrades to it I will remove the upgrade I grabbed off the site before it runs it.

Just trying to figure out where i can find an ACC wire on my Tiger 900 GT.

Follow up question, is there a minimum amount of parts that have to be connected before the unit will turn on to enable wifi? I've had the camera light on but not wifi.
i'm in the process of just plugging everything in but it would be nice if I could just hook up power and then connect to validate it's all working.

Follow up question, is there a minimum amount of parts that have to be connected before the unit will turn on to enable wifi? I've had the camera light on but not wifi.
i'm in the process of just plugging everything in but it would be nice if I could just hook up power and then connect to validate it's all working.
it shouldn't operate if no cameras connected

That would make sense then for what I'm seeing. After I hooked all the connectors up the wifi shows up. I'm not getting any video through the app currently but still poking around.

It seems to be stuck showing this. I've tried power cycling it once, will try it again. I can see the file storage shrinking so I am guessing it is recording but I have no visible confirmation.
1619489682738.png

Directly off the battery at the moment. I was definitely recording, I pulled the SDHC card and it was filling with video.
I noticed the firmware was still v1.00 though so I grabbed the one off the Innovv sight from April 13th which appears to be v1.03 and loaded it.
Camera appears to be working through the phone now, so whatever firmware upgrade there was doesn't appear to be current.

I'm going to finish wiring the camera's and GPS in, then will figure out a permanent wiring spot. Might have to order some posi-taps to get it connected up.

A second rebuild of launch firmware V1.0 was the latest when it was shipped. 1.03 is even newer now. This is a new product so there will be more updates and or incremental improvements as needed like any DashCam. (Especially when new mobile phone OS updates come out)

not a great solution, better to get yourself a soldering iron and do it properly
I'm not super keen to start stripping wires on a brand new bike.

How exactly do you think I expose wire to solder?

Back