Horrible video quality

xRYD3Rx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello guys I'm new to this forum.
I purchased the blackvue DR750S-2CH (128gb) and I am not happy with the video quality at all.
Camera is blurry and seems out of focus. I watched a few youtube videos reviewing this camera and the video quality looks much better then mine that for sure.
I have a very hard time seeing license plates even when going at a slow speed (5-10mph).
Was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
And fix/solution available?
I contacted blackvue they recommended me to update the firmware which I did (new firmware version 1.002).
Same issue still occurring. I got the icloud setup and everything was pretty excited once I got the camera but now I'm not much happy about it.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.

I also added a link to the google drive where I got some recording in there feel free to check it out.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sS3NUw8p1PCbgWHtnK1Zz6lfLRp9ZKdB?usp=sharing

not good videos to judge by but the focus does look like it may be set a little short

some other things you may want to consider doing which will improve things

aim the cameras a bit lower, this will help the white balance function to work better

change the front camera to 1080p30, it will work better in overcast and low light situations

turn night vision off, their settings for this are terrible

to better assess the focus better if you can film something in slow moving traffic, outdoor car park etc around midday when it's not overcast, a well lit scene with lots of cars, buildings, people signage etc around makes it easier to assess, initial impression is that the focus is a bit short though

Second what Jokiin said Camera is too high and brightness is too low.
Heres mine with a grab from one video Plate is able to be read OK
Its rare you can ever read them in motion I put card in PC and slomo them to read plates

Attachments

• 20171225_102112_EF.jpg
    20171225_102112_EF.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
not good videos to judge by but the focus does look like it may be set a little short

some other things you may want to consider doing which will improve things

aim the cameras a bit lower, this will help the white balance function to work better

change the front camera to 1080p30, it will work better in overcast and low light situations

turn night vision off, their settings for this are terrible

to better assess the focus better if you can film something in slow moving traffic, outdoor car park etc around midday when it's not overcast, a well lit scene with lots of cars, buildings, people signage etc around makes it easier to assess, initial impression is that the focus is a bit short though

Thanks for the feedback and advise.
I am new to the dash cam world slowly learning.
After making adjustments to the camera I will report back with results + more footages during the weekend.

I aimed my new DR750 the same as you (it was just installed last night). I have it aimed too high, and it is screwing up the balance. I'm glad I saw this post. Thanks to those who replied as well.

I had my DR750 installed only two days ago and I was also appalled by the poor video. Had it set up just like the op and have now taken jokiin's advice and made the adjustments. Marked improvement but it makes me wonder why we can't use the 60fps because we sure are paying for it!

I had my DR750 installed only two days ago and I was also appalled by the poor video. Had it set up just like the op and have now taken jokiin's advice and made the adjustments. Marked improvement but it makes me wonder why we can't use the 60fps because we sure are paying for it!

Are you looking at the video in the Blackvue viewer in partial screen mode. To put it mildy it looks crap in that Make it full screen or view in something like VLC media viewer and you will see a marked difference.

My pic is taken as documented in the reply

[youtube]e7ooBbwZIoo[/youtube]

Here is the video as played in VLC.......

They just released v1.003. Claiming that you can set higher bitrate. Will see it it will make the difference.

They just released v1.003. Claiming that you can set higher bitrate. Will see it it will make the difference.

Do upgrade through smartphone or do it with the computer?

I would imagine, that through smartphone. On the smartphone you go to firmware upgrade and it allows you to download the latest firmware on smartphone. I however didn't update the firmware on the actual dash cam yet. Only downloaded to my phone. Will check it out tomorrow.

Sorry !
www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ooBbwZIoo&feature=youtu.be

I just transferred the video from my mobile to pc and then uploaded to youtube.....slightly worse on youtube but still extremely poor on VLC

Camera is pointed far too high and brightness is too low Also turn off 60fps turn off Night vision I have installed the new firmware but not tried it out yet
Look at the shot i posted That how it should look and always does on mine Its set on 30fps and is better than 60fps and shot is taken about the same time of the day but in summer here in AUS
here are two vids of two cameras we own 1st is a 450 at 530pm when it just getting abit dark and brightness could be 1 step higher
Second is from my car and is a 750

Last edited:
Camera is pointed far too high and brightness is too low Also turn off 60fps turn off Night vision I have installed the new firmware but not tried it out yet
Look at the shot i posted That how it should look and always does on mine Its set on 30fps and is better than 60fps and shot is taken about the same time of the day but in summer here in AUS
here are two vids of two cameras we own 1st is a 450 at 530pm when it just getting abit dark and brightness could be 1 step higher
Second is from my car and is a 750

Thanks for this... followed the advice and video quality is now much improved.

Hello guys I'm new to this forum.
I purchased the blackvue DR750S-2CH (128gb) and I am not happy with the video quality at all.
Camera is blurry and seems out of focus. I watched a few youtube videos reviewing this camera and the video quality looks much better then mine that for sure.
I have a very hard time seeing license plates even when going at a slow speed (5-10mph).
Was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
And fix/solution available?
I contacted blackvue they recommended me to update the firmware which I did (new firmware version 1.002).
Same issue still occurring. I got the icloud setup and everything was pretty excited once I got the camera but now I'm not much happy about it.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.

I also added a link to the google drive where I got some recording in there feel free to check it out.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sS3NUw8p1PCbgWHtnK1Zz6lfLRp9ZKdB?usp=sharing

The lens seems to be out of focus. I would suggest to get a replacement dashcam.

Its not bad when its in HD sharpens up quite a bit but due to the brightness being too low it looks worse HE has said it is better since changing settings

Doesnt look too good to my eyes... cant see license plates, lots of noise... maybe it's the Dropbox compression, worse than YouTube? How does it look to you when you watch it on your PC?

Doesnt look too good to my eyes... cant see license plates, lots of noise... maybe it's the Dropbox compression, worse than YouTube? How does it look to you when you watch it on your PC?

don't watch it on their site, download the file and you'll see it for what it is

Back