Hot rodding it !

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c

Really got to be careful , especially with certain loads ...

Looks pretty benign, i mean speed and all, but it dont take much load shifting on a big rig before you are screwed.

Try imaging a ship sized load shifting, and suddenly you have a flying enterprise situation, and Capetian Carlsens ship, well today its a pretty small one, about the same sized as the ones i have been engine chief on.

Flying%20Enterprise%2008.jpg

Disaster2011.MV_Rena13.JPEG

At times like that it can be a good idea to run your ship aground, like this car carrier 20 minutes into its voyage.
251E360300000578-2928552-image-a-56_1422376997204.jpg

Most ships are not meant to list 45 degree's and stay there, i have tried ships doing that once in a while with a bad swell, but that's pretty normal south of Greenland in the winter time.
And we also launched a few containers and a nice motorboat with trailer and all.

Trucker wasn't doing it right.

Problem with Trucks and loads ...
If the load is high enough , it makes cornering speed critical ...
I don't know what load the truck had , but it might have been something top heavy ..
Professional drivers should know this stuff ...

We get a few of those each year around here- several nearby interstate exit ramps will catch the unaware and many are speed-limited to 25MPH which coming from a 65MPH highway doesn't make much sense :mad: The main issue here is the momentum of the load shifting is like a kick instead of a push- far stronger in effect. Once it starts going you're already gone :eek:

Phil

Back