Hot to use Remote Live View? Cannot set the U1000 to connect to internet

ken_nx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hi All

I managed to connect the U1000's wifi using my Android app. I wish to know how to let the U1000 to connect search available wifi and connect to the one provided by carpark (no password needed), so that I could view the recorded footage, receive impact notifications, live view etc, from my Android when I am not at the car?

Am I supposed to use the hotspot mode? however it requires me to key in the SSID but it force me to input wifi password, but the wifi does not have password indeed.

Thanks All

the WiFiI want to connect is not secured and no password needed, how to connect?

it only works with hotspots and not with general wifi networks ..

so the remote live view function, remote impact notification etc, requires me to bring my smartphone and stay within the smartphone hotspot wifi range? is it a joke???

cant these systems just piggyback on any open wifi ?
Not that i would ever do that with anything myself, but others seem to not mind.

You'll need a personal wifi hotspot in the car to do that. Not a open public wifi.

how can I setup a hotspot in car, that receive the carpark free wifi and broadcast other SSID for the cam?

how can I setup a hotspot in car, that receive the carpark free wifi and broadcast other SSID for the cam?
that's a function built into Windows 10 these days, not familiar with any standalone devices that offer that functionality though

that's a function built into Windows 10 these days, not familiar with any standalone devices that offer that functionality though
Thanks, but it's deplorable that the manufacturer supposed users to set a laptop in car and let in run 24x7 to share the open wifi for the thinkware cam.....

For personal hotspot, you'll need something like this TP-Link 4G LTE Mobile Wifi (link below) and an LTE sim card with your local provider. Set it up in your car to have the U1000 connected to the internet.

Don't think free public wifi hotspot will work if it has those login page which asked you to sign in each time you want to use it.

Thanks, but it's deplorable that the manufacturer supposed users to set a laptop in car and let in run 24x7 to share the open wifi for the thinkware cam.....
I don't believe they think that at all, the usage scenario you have is not something they would be accounting for

For personal hotspot, you'll need something like this TP-Link 4G LTE Mobile Wifi (link below) and an LTE sim card with your local provider. Set it up in your car to have the U1000 connected to the internet.

Don't think free public wifi hotspot will work if it has those login page which asked you to sign in each time you want to use it.

the free wifi provided by carpark, just connect and can access internet instantly, does not pop up a proxy requiring me to press OK or Accept

the free wifi provided by carpark, just connect and can access internet instantly, does not pop up a proxy requiring me to press OK or Accept

Can try following the video on how to set up to connect to the hotspot in the earlier post and see as there is a section which asked for the SSID and password when setup. Can try and see.

So this is purely a amateur geek in me speaking .. So I ask for forgiveness before hand :D

Essentially what you can setup is this :
Linux on a Raspberry Pi connected to a battery in your car ( could be simple battery pack ) and this video

Hello All! Happy holidays! Not sure if you are a aware but I was able to setup my dash cam to be able to view from my home or work with Live view. I mean it only works if you are close to your home or at work but I can log into the camera and view my surroundings when selecting ThinkWare cloud. I just went to hotspot and inputted my 'ssid' and 'password' of my wireless in my home since it sees it. Also did the same with my work wireless.

My issue is I can get the dash cam to connect to my phone hotspot, but cannot get the phone to connect to the vehicle hotspot, even though every other device I bring into the vehicle can connect to the vehicle hotspot. Any suggestions? Ford 2019 F350 with SYNC3 and ATT hotspot. It appears the hotspot considers the dash cam MAC address connected, if Thinkware uses AC:5D:5C:07:XX:XX

Any suggestions?

I have the same issue. I can connect to the phone hotspot but can‘t connect to the vehicle hotspot. I have watched the Thinkware videos about hotspot connection but had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Back