Hot weather dashcam

alexj

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Hey guys, first post here.
I've been looking at dashcams for the past 2 weeks, and i've come down to 3 choices.
- Mini 0801
- Mini 0803
- e-Prance A434

I think you can see what my price point is. I've seen video reviews about these, and they're all good ones(unless you guys tell me otherwise)

My other problem is, since i live in Cyprus, the weather here in the summer tends to get really hot(40+ degrees celcius). The inside of a car feels like an oven without AC, and even with AC on, i don't know how long the cam would last with direct sunlight hitting it.

Do you think these are good choices? Are they good for the hot weather here?

Alex, you need a camera with capacitors rather than a battery and with temps that's hot, you need to consider taking the camera out when parked in full sun or at least shade it. The Minis use batteries so they won't work and the two you listed aren't that reliable, the 0803 had heat issues. If you really want a mini wait for the upcoming 0806.

If you prefer discreet, small cameras, I suggest the Mobius with a capacitor kit. It's small and can easily be mounted in several places, maybe one with a little shading. It also has a tripod mount that makes it easy to remove. With a screen, consider the G1w-c, it's a good basic model. I would also suggest the A118/B40 capacitor model when it comes out, just make sure since this one mounts to the window, that you try to get it behind the shade dots.

Last edited:
Alex, you need a camera with capacitors rather than a battery and with temps that's hot, you need to consider taking the camera out when parked in full sun or at least shade it. The Minis use batteries so they won't work and the two you listed aren't that reliable, the 0803 had heat issues. If you really want a mini wait for the upcoming 0806.

If you prefer discreet, small cameras, I suggest the Mobius with a capacitor kit. It's small and can easily be mounted in several places, maybe one with a little shading. It also has a tripod mount that makes it easy to remove. With a screen, consider the G1w-c, it's a good basic model. I would also suggest the A118/B40 capacitor model when it comes out, just make sure since this one mounts to the window, that you try to get it behind the shade dots.
Thank you very much for your suggestions! I will look into them and let you know!

Also, is this the one you are suggesting? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00R2745ZA

There's also a capacitor version of the Street Guardian equivalent to the A118 (I can never remember the model numbers jokiin gives his cameras) coming soon.

Very small & discreet camera. I'd much prefer it over a G1W-C.

There's also a capacitor version of the Innovv C3

Last edited:
The capacitor "Street Guardian equivalent to the A118" will be more than just equivalent since it will also have better hardware in the same form factor (lens, sensor, etc). Complete details & pre-sale time line should be announced in the very near future as soon as Jokiin is ready.

Back