Hotspot connection

rearnold

Reaction score
Country
United States
My 2019 Honda Passport has a hotspot connection. Can I use that connection instead of my Iphone to connect to my TWF800 Pro, or must I get a hotspot connection thru at&t on my Iphone. This will cost about 15.00 dollars more a month on phone. I have unlimited plan with them. but have TW connect to my car only cost 200. a year.

Thanks

Robert

You can use the Honda's hotspot for basic internet connectivity so the camera can upload videos in case of an accident and update the geo-location however you will have to connect to wifi by pushing the button on the camera in order to modify settings or review video (without removing the SD card). If you used the hotspot on the phone instead then you get all the capabilities at once since the camera connects to the phone via wifi to use the internet connection. However as soon as you open the app while the camera is connected to the phone's hotspot the camera will stop recording video as it will enter configuration mode basically.

I currently have the camera setup to use either hotspot most of the time I have my phone's hotspot off and so the camera connects to the cars hotspot but when I want to make changes to the camera or connect to it for different reasons I turn on the phone's hotspot and turn off the cars.

Terk

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just bite the bullet an get the hotspot on my IPhone.
Robert

Terk

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just bite the bullet an get the hotspot on my IPhone.
Robert
Please send a note to Thinkware about this. I've been trying to make the case to them that requiring people to use their smartphone and smartphone hotspots to communicate with the F800 cameras, while they have in-car wifi systems and in-car tablets, is utterly ridiculous. Hopefully, if enough people chime in about this, they will do something about it.

Back