How can do you tell if a dash cam is fafe 1080p upscaled or genuine?

jammygit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Too many Chinese low res cams going out at 1080p. Is there a program to tell the real resolution?

Thanks

MediaInfo is one of my favourite programs I use to analyse video footage properties.

your eyes (and a big screen tv\pc monitor is recommended).

If you can't read number plates, and the image looks terrible, doesn't really matter if it's authentic 1080P or up scaled.

Garbage in / Garbage out. (a bad product is a bad product)
Some high-end 720p can beat low end 1080p ;)

MediaInfo is one of my favourite programs I use to analyse video footage properties.
The trouble is, it's easy to take data from a low-res sensor and write it in a HD file format.

OT, but related. My 2560x1080 can't read license plates from more than about 10' away. In my case, it's the window tint I've installed on the windscreen. It has virtually not darkening (just UV protection), and it isn't perceptible when driving. But there is just the minutest amount of distortion that is present that causes (not-so) distant objects to be come unreadable. Given that it makes my vehicles feel as though I'm parked in the shade (despite being in the hottest FL sun), that's a compromise I'm willing to make.

Back