How can I get previous version of the Android App? New one doesn't work :(

lohr500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since the move to 1.8.5 I am struggling to connect to either of my two B1W units.
I have mobile data and bluetooth disabled.
I can make a wifi connection to either camera as before.
But when I go into the app, and touch the "click to connect" circle (with either of the camera wifi names showing top left) the app just seems to crash and returns me to the phone's home screen.

I am on Android 8.0.0

I have tried a phone restart and also deleted and reinstalled the app, but it doesn't make any difference.

1.8.5 seems to be working fine for me, have you tried reinstalling it? Or maybe it could be a phone issue, have you tried restarting your phone? Do you have the latest firmware on your dash cam?

I have tried a phone restart and a reinstall but it makes no difference.
I have the latest parking mode (wifi on) firmware in both cameras. The previous version worked perfectly and the problem has only started with the new version of the app.

Just to add that the app automatically shuts down after a few seconds even if the click to connect button is not tapped.
So something in V1.8.5 is not working correctly with my phone, whereas the previous version was perfect.

Strangely, if I download and install the "WiFiCarDV" app by the same author BeiShu, from google store, this app does work, but I can't configure the cameras fully from the settings menu in this app.
But it does allow me to view the live cameras and playback the recordings.

Last edited:
@estore009 can probably help you get this sorted out. They may be on holiday though- it's still New Year over there and few folks are working.

Phil

Thanks for reminding me about Chinese New Year holiday Phil!

And thanks for the quick reply estore009. Excellent support as ever. I have installed the previous APP from the link you provided and all is well (y)
The old version has restored full functionality to the phone.
It will be interesting to see if others have the same issue, or if it is just some strange settings with my LG G6 phone on Android 8.0.0.

It's mostly the phones. Android does not use a single structure for apps; each device's OS is set up differently. Even those with the same numeric version of Android can be different. Very frustrating :mad: Nobody tries harder than estore009 to get things working correctly for everyone- very commendable (y)

Phil

Hi,same problem on samsung a3 2016.
After connection,aplication crash and return to the phone's home screen.

Back