How can I read files to my iphone from dashcam?

iseeu1001

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just bought the apple lightning sd card reader and nothing in the import folder which is a disappointment. Seems like the OS can't read the card because on my computer the files play fine but I want to bring it to my iphone just encase I want to save a certain file and delete the whole sd card afterwards. If I am in an accident I would like to save a certain file just encase it did not save or something etc... Is there any way to make the sd card read on my iphone?

if you purchased an Apple branded card reader you won't see the files for 99% of dashcameras, need a 3rd party reader for that

Link is dead as the product is no longer in stock
not all aftermarket ones work either, there are some that do though
Do you know ones I can buy that will work? I am using a viofo a119s if that matters.

Look for this one. Uses iUSB Pro.

slohuDL.jpg

Link is dead as the product is no longer in stock
Do you know ones I can buy that will work? I am using a viofo a119s if that matters.

good catch. unfortunately, that happens to a lot of these third party card readers. the two readers that function with my iphone X and iPad mini 4 (running iOS 12), use either the iUSB Pro or iDiskk Pro apps. those may be helpful search queries when you're looking for a reader that works with current iOS versions. I don't have any cards bigger than 128GB so I can't test whether or not these apps will support them.

Back