How can I recover an A2s device

Coldwings

Reaction score
Country
China
I have two Koonlung HD-609 device(A2s). When I trying to edit the firmware, I bricked one of them. The other one is ok that I did not edit.
Can I extract the ROM from the good one to recover the bricked device? How?

or maybe just contact Koonlung and ask for the elf file for that model so you can reload it via USB

or maybe just contact Koonlung and ask for the elf file for that model so you can reload it via USB
Since I am trying to edit the strings.bin and fonts.bin file of the firmware, I really did have a workable firmware .bin file. But I am not really get the difference between the .elf thing and my .bin firmware.

I am trying to download the .bin fire through DirectUSB to my device, but got stuck.

Found 1 AMBA device!
[0] Wait device re-init...
[0] Not found.
BLD execute failed.
[0] Failed!!

It seems that the boot loader execute failed.

I've tried follow that instruction, however, the autoexec.ash seems being ignored by this device. When I insert the sd card with autoexec.ash file and turn on the hd609, nothing happened, just a normal start up, and no BACKUP.BIN exist.

Can I do the backup work through that DirectUSB thing? or other tools?
Unfortunately not possible to do a backup this way. Some(Many?) A2 dashcams ignore the autoexec file - maybe some kind of security measure, dont know . To recover the dashcam you need the .elf file (as jokiin already said)

Unfortunately not possible to do a backup this way. Some(Many?) A2 dashcams ignore the autoexec file - maybe some kind of security measure, dont know . To recover the dashcam you need the .elf file (as jokiin already said)

Is the firmware binaries which can resolve by AFT called .elf file?

It seems have all parts describe in http://dc.p-mc.eu/ambarella/firmware

I have made a python script to unpack and edit that file, is the original firmware binary useful to recovery?

Unfortunately DirectUSB does only work with elf files, probably cause the plain .bin binaries are files with no memory fixups / relocations and contain specific address references while elf files are dynamic and can be loaded at any address. I dont know how the usbdl mode on Ambarella works but if you are interested, have a look at evilwombats git repos, he created a program that uses usbdl mode (for gopros)

So the original fw binary is not useful for recovery, sorry.

Back