How do I check the latest firmware?

MartK

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there I recently purchased a DOD ls475w. I am in Australia and I do not know how to check what is listed on the website as being the latest firmware compared to my current firmware for me this is all a little bit confusing.

I have attached a picture to this message of my current version but I am unsure whether there are other versions on the website which are later than my current one. Would somebody be able to check this for me please?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20190323_173218.jpg
    20190323_173218.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20190323-174945_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190323-174945_Chrome.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20190323-174911_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190323-174911_Chrome.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi there I recently purchased a DOD ls475w. I am in Australia and I do not know how to check what is listed on the website as being the latest firmware compared to my current firmware for me this is all a little bit confusing.
Hi, yes, your DOD firmware is 1809133, it is more recent than it is on the DOD website.
Don't let that confuse you, it's just that the company's DOD policy on firmware is a bit strange - they don't post the latest firmware on their website. With this fact you just need to accept :)

Wow thank you very much for your quick replies I was expecting it to take longer than that. I am happy to know that I am using the latest firmware. Just another quick question I wasn't that impressed with the quality on the output of the video if I compare it to others on YouTube who have also the same camera I noticed that there's seems to be better quality. Are there any settings I can adjust to improve quality I am in Australia and the sun is extremely bright here I had it on 30hz instead of 60hz would it be that? Are there any other settings that you can recommend in order to improve quality?

Many thanks again

If you can place here a link to a small fragment (no more than 100 MB) of the original video, first upload it to the cloud service, then we will be able to give some recommendations. And what exactly do you dislike?

General settings: exposure compensation (EV) of "0" or "minus", recording resolution 1920x1080 30 fps. And yet - the DOD has a very sensitive sensor and the horizon line on the video greatly influences the automatic choice of the exposure. Such an installation is more often used: no more than 1/3 of the picture above the horizon occupies the sky

Hi there yes no problem I will make a video of it tomorrow and upload it to here. I would have done it today but I have deleted all the videos I made. Thanks mate

You can immediately set the horizon level on the DVR to 1/3 of the frame height before recording.
30% of the frame height.jpg

Hello did anybody get round to viewing it yet?

Yes. Large file, almost 500 MB ...
Everything is not so bad, although in the dark at 60 fps there will be blurry images.
DOD_Frame_1.jpg

DOD_Frame_2.jpg

DOD_Frame_3.jpg DOD_Frame_4.jpg

Attachments

• Mediainfo DOD day.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 1
Thank you very much for taking the time to view it I know the file was very big. Apologies for that. Do you think that the quality is ok and Clesr enough you don't think that I have a faulty dod no?

Thank you again

Thank you very much for taking the time to view it I know the file was very big. Apologies for that. Do you think that the quality is ok and Clesr enough you don't think that I have a faulty dod no?

Thank you again

I don't think it's faulty, you will likely find that the results overall are better at 30fps though

Ok in that case I will change it to 30. I have been reading some things about the batteries not being too good on these things. I just wonder how long it is going to take before the battery starts playing up on mine and corrupting the files. If this does happen what battery can be purchased which will suit my unit and also even better a more powerful battery than the current one?

Noticed that there are some good video tutorials about how to replace the batteries but what kind of double sided adhesive tape would you recommend?

Thanks!

Mart

battery replacement is not too hard, will cost $5 or so off eBay, wait until you need one before you worry about that, they don't keep well in storage, anything from 1 to 3 years and you may find you need to replace it, you'll need to stick with something around the same capacity, the charge circuit will be designed with that in mind, there's generally not enough room for larger batteries, larger batteries are also a greater liability anyway

Hi there and thank you very much for the quick reply. Very useful because you are no doubt in the same timezone as me being in Australia. So when it comes to being 3 years and I need to know what battery I need what if there is no writing on the battery do you know how I would go about finding the correct battery of identical specifications?

Take care mate cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-193654_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-193654_Drive.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 4
The battery will have enough numbers on it to be able to work out what you need, come back and ask if you're not sure

Ok cool.and do you think the same battery would be used in the ls460w?

I ask this because there's a video here
and they are getting 250mah batteries as replacements and even 450. Is this something I could do or is it too powerful or too big?

Thanks

I also have a detailed video of the installation of the battery and the repair of power failure. Video in Russian, but you can turn on the captions in English. Below the video are links where you can buy high-quality batteries.

If you have questions about this device, ask me, I will answer you in English

Back