How do I check the Rear camera

Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mini 0903
Just got one of these - installed it, but don't seem to be picking up any rear camera images. Are there any tests I can run? The cable is going into the mini usb on the main unit, just fine - next test is the connector between the back camera and the cable.

Country
United States
When the camera is powered on, momentarily press the power button on the side to cycle between front and rear camera. A third button cycle turns off the display, press again and it returns back to front camera.

Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mini 0903
Tried that, didn't work, popped the trim on the hatch back. (Hyundai I30 HB), reseated the connector, and bingo, came good.

Country
United Kingdom
So this would suggest that the rear facing camera could be used for reversing? I have no rear view mirror for my car (left <--) as the intercooler for the mid mounted engine blocks all rear visibility. I have other after market parking sensors but a camera would be more reassuring

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The screen is way too small to be practical, you could send the AV out to a larger display but you'd want one that had a mirror reverse option otherwise you'll find it difficult to use as the display will show things opposite to what you're used to when using mirrors