How do I hardwire for parking mode?

caliblood

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased a hardwiring kit from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0791BHYBW that claimed to do parking mode. When I received it, I realized it only had 2 wires and no switches. I remember a long time ago, I hardwired a friend's car and dashcam with parking mode and his kit came with 3 wires: 1 for constant voltage, 1 for switched voltage, and 1 for ground. It also had a switch to choose voltage cut off. Mine does not have any switches.

How can my hardwire kit do parking mode with B4K if it only has 2 wires? Which kind of kit do I need for B4K parking mode? Thank you

A 2-wire hardwiring kit will not support parking mode other than possibly running the camera all of the time and then cutting off the power when it goes below a preselected voltage level. The hardwiring kit your Amazon link points to is a 12-volt to 5-volt USB power adapter with a low voltage cutoff at 11.6 volts (very low cutoff value). This will not trigger "parking mode" in the B4K camera.

Just this past week, I checked with BlueSkySea on when the B4K hardwire power adapter with parking mode support (3-wire) would become available again. I was told it should be available soon. The one I tested while filming my YouTube review of the B4K was not easily obtainable. I've received a few questions from viewers of my video asking about this very topic. The best I can say is it will be available soon.

A 2-wire hardwiring kit will not support parking mode other than possibly running the camera all of the time and then cutting off the power when it goes below a preselected voltage level. The hardwiring kit your Amazon link points to is a 12-volt to 5-volt USB power adapter with a low voltage cutoff at 11.6 volts (very low cutoff value). This will not trigger "parking mode" in the B4K camera.

Just this past week, I checked with BlueSkySea on when the B4K hardwire power adapter with parking mode support (3-wire) would become available again. I was told it should be available soon. The one I tested while filming my YouTube review of the B4K was not easily obtainable. I've received a few questions from viewers of my video asking about this very topic. The best I can say is it will be available soon.
Thank you. Just to clarify, would ANY 3-wire hardwire adapter work? A kit with a constant and switched power supply? One with variable switched cut-off voltage? Nothing particularly special about a BlueSkySea branded one, correct?

Thank you. Just to clarify, would ANY 3-wire hardwire adapter work? A kit with a constant and switched power supply? One with variable switched cut-off voltage? Nothing particularly special about a BlueSkySea branded one, correct?
During my review testing, the first 3-wire hardwire kit I was sent did not support the B4K going into parking mode. I was sent a second 3-wire kit which included a second slide switch that is used to configure the high/low current level value signal detection logic. That two slide switch version of the 3-wire hardwiring kit worked correctly and is the one I have installed in my vehicle now.

I cannot state whether another vendor's 3-wire kit will work or not, but since the first one sent by BSS did not work for the B4K, I would suggest getting the correct one from BSS when it becomes available.

@estore009 may have more insight / input into the availability of the B4K 3-wire kit.

I dont think so, though there are a few brands that now make 3 wire HW kits for their systems, it is still recommended to get one from the same brand as your camera.

Viofo for instance have 2 HW kits, the old one which have USB mini ( or is it micro ) and then the new one for the A139 which is a USB C plug for the camera, but aside for the plug they might well be the same hardware.
Though the A139 have 3 cameras and the old HW kit are geared towards 1 - 2 channel systems.

It would not be unreasonable to think " how different can they be" but i must say that so far i have not seen anyone going creative with hard wire kits.

Many HWK's do not have sufficient power for the B4K, or any 4K camera- especially when a rear cam is added. There are also apparently 2 different plugs/soockets in dashcams with both being described as "USB Mini" although they are not interchangeable. Get the correct HWK to be sure it works. DCT member @estore009 is the manufacturer- they can provide you with a link.

Phil

Any update on stock? It’s frustrating that I can’t use this dashcam as intended. CPL no stock. Two-switch hardwire kit no stock

Do you think it will work?
Its inventory should be the new 2-switches version IMO. Or you tell me your shipping address, I ask the amazon seller agent to send you a free hardwire kit from China.

Its inventory should be the new 2-switches version IMO. Or you tell me your shipping address, I ask the amazon seller agent to send you a free hardwire kit from China.
Thank you! I am also the owner of two Blueskysea branded G1W-C. I loved the camera and customer service so much that I came back.

CS are nice, today so many have a product to sell, but few can make you feel good.

I have the exact same problem & keep getting the WRONG HWK! - It is becoming extremely frustrating. What do you suggest, or - do you have any (updated) direct link(s), or can you help me possibly here, with this too? - TIA!

EDIT TO ADD: I love my Blueskysea B4k so much, I just bought another one, as a surprise/gift now also, for my son - who just got his 1st new car!! Only just wish I could get mine to work with the true parking mode/motion detection actually functioning.

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075WPSZYHIt is an updated hardwire kit for B4K!
Thank you for this! - So now, UPDATE: I ordered this from your link & installed it now, just last night. Red wire to "HOT" (always on/BATT), Yellow wire to "ACC" (only comes on with key on) & of course black to ground. The B4k now appears to simply just plain STAY ON ALL THE TIME! :oops: - I am perplexed. ... :unsure:

I have both moved the "2nd switch" between its 2 alternate settings, and played with the camera parking mode settings (from all completely off - to any/all combinations... Motion, Event, or G-Shock) - absolutely no difference at all. The cam seems to be simply now ALWAYS POWERED (and fully "ON")! :rolleyes:

Now what / what is going on???

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J B4K 2
Ussefvilla B4K 9
G B4K 4
A B4K 6
Arium B4K 5
Back