How do I hardwire for parking mode?

So I purchased the correct item from your store on AliExpress and fitted correctly.
Any link for reference?
Being played back like it is 2x speed.
UCAM is the correct app; Download app KM player on your phone and playback footage with KM player?

Any link for reference?

UCAM is the correct app; Download app KM player on your phone and playback footage with KM player?
Thanks for your prompt reply @estore009
I have tried to use the app you mention and it still plays back at x2 speed, but that app you advise to use does allow the speed to be slowed down to x0.5, so it kind of works! Is this normal?

Regarding the link, I purchase all three products together, the dash cam, wiring kit and the rear cam: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001780621356.html

Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited:
I have two B4K cameras. I bought two hardwire kits. One is completely DOA - the camera won't power up, nor will my headphones charge while plugged into this hardwire kit.

The second hardwire kit seems to be behaving like a previous poster's, with an added dash of loose wire. Either it doesn't work at all, or it powers the camera on with only the red and black wires connected, and the camera is in driving mode and won't go into parking mode. Flipping the switch doesn't change anything. Connecting the yellow wire doesn't change anything. If I connect the yellow wire and not the red, then the camera won't power on at all.

@estore009 Help?
Hey walrusegg,

Did you end up resolving your issue with the yellow wire? Having the same issue where the yellow “ACC” wire doesn’t do anything but my red wire works.

Having the same issue where the yellow “ACC” wire doesn’t do anything but my red wire works
We will have a check after the holidays! Just wait for us for a few days more, please!

Did you have an update on my above request please?
Nope! But will update next week when our tech support man back to office!

Did you end up resolving your issue with the yellow wire? Having the same issue where the yellow “ACC” wire doesn’t do anything but my red wire works.
Had a test B4K dash camera with our inventory hardwire kit, and cannot re-act the problem!
May I know what is your parking menu settings on your dash camera? There are four values for its parking mode:
OFF/Time-lapse/Motion detection/Event-trigger

If you option Time-lapse, it keeps recording after ACC is off; And its screen should keep off, and the blue Led light keeps flashing all the time;---Screen will turn on after ACC switched on;

If you option Motion detection, it stops recording after ACC is off; ---Camera takes recording only after triggered by Motion detection-- Its screen should keep off, and the blue Led light keeps flashing only after triggered by Motion detection;----Screen will turn on after ACC switched on!

If you option Event-trigger, it stops recording after ACC is off; ---Camera takes recording only after triggered by an impact-- Its screen should keep off, and the blue Led light keeps flashing only after triggered by an impact;----Screen will turn on after ACC switched on!

I have finally installed my front and rear cameras, and I am very happy with how both units perform! That said, I have two problems that I cannot seem to resolve.

The minor issue I have has to do with the time. I have configured the correct time zone, and set the correct time, but once I attach the front camera back to its base, it automatically backs the time up one hour. I have reset set the time over and over again, and each and every time it backs the time up one hour. The User Manual says "Note: the time zone must be manually adjusted for daylight savings." Unfortunately, there does not appear to anyway to toggle the daylight savings time in the settings - not under the "TimeZone" settings or the "Date/Time" settings. I have resolved the issue by re-configuring the time zone to one that is one hour ahead of my actual time zone. Now the time is correct.

The bigger issue, however, is that the camera NEVER stops recording! The first morning after hooking the unit up, the camera was so hot I could barely touch it (and it wasn't even hot outside yet). When I plugged the SD card into the computer, I could see that the front and rear cameras had been recording for over 12 hours straight. I don't think this camera is going to survive very long getting as hot as it did. The unit is wired correctly: the red is hooked up to full-time battery power, the yellow wire is hooked up to ignition power, and the black wire is hooked to ground. There are no wiring issues.

With "Motion Detection" configured under the "Parking" mode settings, the "Parking Mode" indicator (display #6 in the User Manual) stays illuminated at all times, regardless of whether the car is on or off. When the car is running the red light on the upper right and the blue light below it are off. When I turn the ignition off, the blue light illuminates, and the red light above it blinks. When I start the car back up, both lights go out. When I turn off the "Parking" mode settings, the "Parking Mode" indicator (display #6 in the User Manual) is no longer illuminated, but the unit still records constantly. When I plug the unit in with "Parking" switched to the off mode, the blue light illuminates, and the red light above blinks regardless of whether the ignition is off or on. The unit begins recording as soon as it is plugged in. When I start the vehicle, the unit powers off by itself after 5 seconds. I then have to power the unit back on manually. When I shut the car off, the unit continues to record. Basically the unit records constantly regardless of what I do.

As I said in the beginning, I really like how the unit operates. I am very happy with it despite the issues I am having. At this point, if I can just completely disable the parking mode so the camera will shutoff like it's suppose to when I turn the ignition off I'd be very happy with that compromise. But unfortunately, no matter what I do, I cannot stop the unit from recording constantly.

Last edited:
The bigger issue, however, is that the camera NEVER stops recording!
Tell me the hardwire kit link and the screen menu setting details, so I can ask our support team have a check then! Thanks!

Tell me the hardwire kit link and the screen menu setting details, so I can ask our support team have a check then! Thanks!
You guys sent me the hardwire kit directly from China (See posts 50-52 in this thread).

I have no clue what "screen menu settings details" are. You're going to have to be more specific about what you are looking for.

Ok, give it a simple test! Default factory settings in the camera menu, and then see if its hardwire kit works or not when ACC is off!

Ok, give it a simple test! Default factory settings in the camera menu, and then see if its hardwire kit works or not when ACC is off!
The firmware version is as follows:

B4K_20210817_V012

I reverted the unit back to the factory settings, but nothing has changed. This is what it is doing right now:

With no key in the ignition, the unit immediately begins to record as soon as I plug it in. While it is recording and I turn the ignition on, the unit will automatically powers off on its own after exactly 5 seconds. I then have to power the unit back on so the cameras will record events while I am driving. When I stop the vehicle, turn the ignition off and remove the key, the unit continues to record indefinitely.

If I can't rectify the issue, I think my only solution will be to combine the red and yellow wires, and hook them both up to ignition. I won't have parking mode, but at least that should cure the run-away recording issue, and protect the camera from overheating.

Last edited:
With no key in the ignition, the unit immediately begins to record as soon as I plug it in. While it is recording and I turn the ignition on, the unit will automatically powers off on its own after exactly 5 seconds. I then have to power the unit back on so the cameras will record events while I am driving. When I stop the vehicle, turn the ignition off and remove the key, the unit continues to record indefinitely.
You should figure it out now according to our conversation! And please share your experiences here in case other users have the same problem :)

Forgive me if I interrupt, but my solution to all this mish-mash and double talk is what I now use with limited but useful functioning. I use a OBD II connecter that has a rocker switch for when parking (for continuse use ) the switch is to the right and when drivilng (. for normal use ) the switch is moved to the left ( when ignition is off the unit shuts down after 5 minites. I have both front and back cameras and the images are fantastic.

For anyone following this discussion, I wanted to post the resolution.

When I first plug the unit in, it immediately begins to record, but once I cycle the ignition switch one time, the camera shuts down and ostensibly entered "Parking Mode."

I think the initial problem was I just plugged the unit in and never cycled the ignition switch, which is why the unit recorded all night long.

Also, with the double-sided tape side of the parking guard switch oriented down - sitting flat on a table - the parking guard slide-switch should be to the far left for parking mode to work correctly. This was the default mode for me - the mode which was set when the hardwire kit arrived in the mail. Moving the parking guard slide-switch to the right inverts the settings. It essentially makes ignition-on "parking mode," and ignition-off "driving mode." When everything is setup correctly, the unit functions beautifully!

Last edited:
Did you have an update on my above request please?
Did you check the post #76 content? I think it will be helpful to solve your hardwire kit problem!

Did you check the post #76 content? I think it will be helpful to solve your hardwire kit problem!
Thanks for your reply, yes indeed I did see that thread and have already tried that suggested solution. Unfortunately it did not work. Please help me with a new solution.

As a separate issue that I mentioned, I also have the unresolved issue of the camera recording at 2x speed.

I look forward to your reply and support. Thank you @estore009.

I look forward to your reply and support. Thank you @estore009.
DM me for help directly, thanks! I need more details for the camera problem!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J B4K 2
Ussefvilla B4K 10
G B4K 4
A B4K 6
Arium B4K 5
Back