How do I know what FW I have?

PaisanNYC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi :-D

I purchased the DR500GW-HD from "HD Video Depot" (authorized reseller) on Amazon last May. 2013. I am just now getting around to setting it up in my car (I know, lazy me lol).

How can I tell what language firmware is installed on my camera? The print on the box and the included manual is all english. I popped the included micro-sd card into my laptop and its completely blank. no files on it whatsoever. I want to upgrade to the new 2.01 FW, but how can I make sure I have the english firmware?

Thanks!

That's right the firmware, if you read through the threads is installed in the camera and puts the required files onto the SD card on initial startup.
When you run the viewer on your laptop go to the exclamation mark in the circle at the top and it will tell you what you have.
You have double posted this so perhaps delete the other one

Get the feel of the camera before playing with upgrades as some recently have run before they walked and fell on their faces so to speak.

Thanks so much for the reply Hillbilly. I will definitely play around with it before attempting to mess with it.

And sorry for the double post! My internet has been bad the past two days. I couldn't see where to delete a whole thread, so I reported it to the admin as a double post. Sorry again!

Back