How do i "merge" my rear caamera video into the corner of the video?

Ashley_E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
K5000/P9000
So I'm the owner of a new dual channel dash cam but i would like to know how i mergethe 2 files together so i can place it in the bottom left hand corner, or at the top in the middle so it looks like therear view footage.

I have seen videos on youtube where people do ths and would really like to know how to do it for future reference.

Can anyone help me?

I use windows mmovie maker at the moment but thts theonly editing softwware i know. is it possible to do this in windows movie maker or do i need another program?

Many thanks in advance for you help guys.

There are loads of Programs but I think you may have the thread going somewhere else. take a Quick look in this section you have Blender, its Free and powerful but you will need to look at a few short youtube videos to use it as a video editor.

take a Quick look in this section you have Blender, its Free and powerful but you will need to look at a few short youtube videos to use it as a video editor.
There is that and I believe JazJon uses PowerDirector 12, but it costs a bit of money

Hopefully as Dual Channel camera become cheaper and more popular this feature may show up in Registrator Viewer if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I knocked up in 15 mins (including uploading etc)
Took 4 random cam clips, loaded all 4 into Cyberlink PD11
dragged each clip onto its own timeline
split audio/vid from each clip
deleted each audio clip
split each vid clip to a short
reduced size of each 'screen' (if I took a bit more time it'd be less 'scrappy'
PD11 gives you the ability to add quite a few clips so you could run even more at the same time - or even cut from one to another etc.
I could've used the audio from any clip or even added audio from elsewhere.
It's all simply drag/drop & really easy to do (I've not read any manuals!)

I got PD11 off ebay quite cheap.

I dontvreally want to pay if im honest. I will have a look at blender though many thanks :-D

I have run out of daytime footage but acheived what I wanted in vsdc player. Will post up when I get better footage. Many thanks :)

Back