How do I separate the front camera recordings from the rear camera recordings?

BurritoJoe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I just bought the A129 Plus Duo and when I did a recording test, I took out the sd card to check the quality of the recordings on my computer. The recordings for the front and rear are recording in one folder, I can tell which is the front and rear by the file name, but they are all mix together when the files are listed. How do I separate them into separate folders for a front camera folder and a rear camera folder? If I can't is there a way I can organize them so that I can find all the fronts recording and rear recordings easily?

Some cameras did funnel the video into 2 separate folders, but i do prefer the all in 1 folder so the 2 files belonging together is right next to one and another.
I am not sure if there are some script to sort the files into 2 folders, or if dashcam viewer or DV player can do something in this regard.

Personally i feel it is easy to find something bu the time/date stamp of the files and A/B or F/R suffix, but in general i do use the event button to save stuff from traffic i want to share.

Oh that sucks. Before I bought this camera, I had three separate dash cam that had a microsd card for each camera, front, rear, and the back up camera. And I always archive the recordings each time I come back home in a hard drive, each has it's own folder to store them. I guess I have to figure out a new way to store them now that viofo lump the front and rear recordings in one folder.

I had a feeling you was one of the people archiving stuff.
I never understood that unless you are a professional driver that could be held liable for something down the road, but many regular people also archive everything which a dont understand, cuz the way i look at it if nothing happened, then all the dashcam do is generate garbage data so to say.
I personally pick about 10 - 20 3 minute files from either of the 8 cameras in my car every month, but after i have mixed that up for youtube i am down to maybe 3 minutes of "action" and when thats done i even delete the raw files, but the output from my editing software do live for a lot longer in its output folder on my 4Tb drive.

It is pretty argous to sit and pick them one by one and them move them as a batch when all have been highlighted, just shuffling folders around are more easy.

Even if some dashcam software was able to take all your footage from one camera every day and make it into 1 long video, that would still take up a lot of resources on the computer and time too, so not really a viable approach.

I remember the good and long gone dashcam software registratorviewer that automatic bundled all your drives into sessions, that could then be exported as 1 file with a few clicks, but that was back in the good old days of just single cameras.
i haven't really used any dashcam software since then as i am not interested in the meta data only the video.

I deal with both methods of storage (the all merged in to one folder from viofo and the separated folders for each camera from the 70Mai).
I personally like MUCH much better viofos eficient and simplified approach as it makes easier to locate the corresponding files in case of an unfortunate event on the go if you quickly want to see what happened from the different angles.

At the end it is a matter of preference. The important thing is that you get the needed footage safely saved.

I had a feeling you was one of the people archiving stuff.
I never understood that unless you are a professional driver that could be held liable for something down the road, but many regular people also archive everything which a dont understand, cuz the way i look at it if nothing happened, then all the dashcam do is generate garbage data so to say.
I personally pick about 10 - 20 3 minute files from either of the 8 cameras in my car every month, but after i have mixed that up for youtube i am down to maybe 3 minutes of "action" and when thats done i even delete the raw files, but the output from my editing software do live for a lot longer in its output folder on my 4Tb drive.

It is pretty argous to sit and pick them one by one and them move them as a batch when all have been highlighted, just shuffling folders around are more easy.

I just like comparing how things change around the place I travel, like the speed limit on some street, buildings and etc.

I deal with both methods of storage (the all merged in to one folder from viofo and the separated folders for each camera from the 70Mai).
I personally like MUCH much better viofos eficient and simplified approach as it makes easier to locate the corresponding files in case of an unfortunate event on the go if you quickly want to see what happened from the different angles.

At the end it is a matter of preference. The important thing is that you get the needed footage safely saved.

I prefer the separate folder since I have a third camera which records the back up camera for my car which is on alll the time when I'm driving forward. I usually use the position of where the file is listed to location a specific time or recording for all three when I have multiple folder open for all three. Now I have to use the time created to do that for all three.

I just like comparing how things change around the place I travel, like the speed limit on some street, buildings and etc.

I prefer the separate folder since I have a third camera which records the back up camera for my car which is on alll the time when I'm driving forward. I usually use the position of where the file is listed to location a specific time or recording for all three when I have multiple folder open for all three. Now I have to use the time created to do that for all three.
Whatever works best for you. That's what matters.

Back