How Do I View the GPS Map?

pdmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S 2-CH
I had my 750S 2Ch installed today and it is operational. But I'm not. My first question has to do with the GPS map. My cam records GPS information but I don't know how to view it. I take the SD card out and plop it into my computer. I can view beautiful videos of everywhere I went, but that's all I can view. How do I view the GPS map that accompanies (or should accompany) each video?

I read the manual (novel concept) and downloaded the BlackVue Viewer. Now I can see the GPS, car speed, video itself - all kinds of stuff. Only problem: the video is slow and creepy. And there is no sound. I punched Slo Motion back and forth but it doesn't seem to matter, everything looks like it is sleepwalking, even though the car speed is listed at 35 mph or whatever. I can view the same video via Windows Explorer and my default viewer, and all is fine. So I'm not getting a setting right or something in the BlackVue Viewer. Any suggestions?

not sure, might have to just poke about in the player settings and see if you can find some playback options

The blackvue player is a ****.
I've same issue, you need a very powerful computer I guess to make it work as it should.

You can try alternative viewers like Registrator Viewer or Dashcam Viewer.

Also you could try : version 17 of the viewer "blackvue-cloud-viewer-1.17-windows.zip"; It has an option (removed since version 18) for video acceleration. I have an open topic opened on black vue support observing that for me the rear camera can not be directly seen since 1.18 without touggling that VideoAcceleration option. [PS. if you want I can try to send you the 1.17 version]

I'm interested in 1.17 Adi. It'll be about 10Mb. How about hosting it temporarily on Dropbox and giving interested parties the link please?

Thanks, guys. Now that I know what I'm dealing with, that makes it a lot easier. My Windows Media Player allows me to play back the videos perfectly - solid color, real-time movement, full-screen, they are BEAUTIFUL. So I can certainly live with that. I suppose if I ever have to establish location, I can fall back on the BlackVue Viewer. Only problem with using Windows Media Player is, no sound. Do any of you know if I might be able to get sound out of the dash cam videos with Windows Media Player? As you probably know, WMP is equipped to provide sound - so how do I hook up the sound from the dash cam videos?

not sure, might have to just poke about in the player settings and see if you can find some playback options
Well, a bit of good news. I did poke around a bit in the Settings and was able to improve the playback considerably as well as get sound. I lowered both the resolution and the image quality. As with most things, there is a trade-off. If you want best quality resolution and image, you sacrifice performance speed and, apparently, you get no sound. However, when lower the resolution and image quality, it doesn't seem to quality of the picture and, you get normal speed and sound. I think I'm satisfied at this point.

Try to VLC instead of Windows Media Player or softwares I have suggested in a previous post

If you're playing the files direct from the SD Card, you should consider first copying to a local hard drive. Depending on your exact USB card reader & driver (and card itself), it may not be able to keep up.

If you're playing the files direct from the SD Card, you should consider first copying to a local hard drive. Depending on your exact USB card reader & driver (and card itself), it may not be able to keep up.

OK, but how do I open the dash cam videos I have stored on my hard drive, from within the BlackVue Viewer?

Circled button will allow you to select your local folder where you have saved the files.

BV.jpg

It seems that my dropbox hates me ... [something doesn't work as expected]. But I've uploaded to somewhere else....:
BlackVuew 1.17 can be downloaded from here: http://s.go.ro/5w96szgi | password: 126511

In 1.17 there is this option for video acceleration:

black_vue_screenshot.PNG

you need a very powerful computer I guess to make it work as it should
I've got computer with workstation CPU, 32Gb RAM and RAID SSD. Playback is still crap.

Viewer is caching files for playback into RAM, and usual "lag" that most people experience with playback is not related to SD/HDD/USB read speeds.
Small hint - front videos are 60s long, rear videos are 59s. Everything is out of sync, and it's just sh*t coding from BV engineers.

As you probably know, WMP is equipped to provide sound
You know, reading your posts over different threads, makes me wonder, how old are you?
My 11yo nephew is talking the same terms, just like my 73yo grandma.

I'm nowhere near as technical as you guys, but it seems to me the lag is related to the speed setting button in the viewer. You can set the speed you want anywhere from a low of .5 to a high of 4 with 1 being normal. In playing back videos, I have found that they start out all right but very quickly slow down. I think the viewer is lapsing into .5 speed. If I hit Pause and then start the video up again, it will run normally for a while, but then, after five seconds or so, again lapses into slower (.5) speed. Hitting Pause and then starting it up again gets you normal speed for a while, but it always lapses back into the slower speed.

I doubt I would have found that little bad boy on my own

Never fear the clicking of just about anything on a computer screen,,,,,, at least in well known software ;)

Back