How do you know?

Chris112

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good evening,

I'm sorry to post most likely the dumbest question yet, but how do you know if your camera is really in parking mode? I installed my camera today with the hardware kit and set the battery shutoff to 12.4.

When I turn my car on and off, the camera settings visually don't appear to change. I have my parking mode set to auto event detection. I upgraded my firmware to the latest version 2.1. I just want to make sure that I'm really in "parking mode" and that my installation was done properly.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Once the car shuts off, you should hear a couple of beeps and the car icon on the LCD screen will change to the icon of a stickman (for Auto Event Detection). Two led's above the buttons should remain lit, though the left one will flash when no motion is being sensed (this occurs in Auto Event Detection Mode only).
It will change to parking mode within a few seconds of the car being shut off, unless you have the Enter Parking Mode Timer (in the settings) set to anything other than off.

Once the car shuts off, you should hear a couple of beeps and the car icon on the LCD screen will change to the icon of a stickman (for Auto Event Detection). Two led's above the buttons should remain lit, though the left one will flash when no motion is being sensed (this occurs in Auto Event Detection Mode only).
It will change to parking mode within a few seconds of the car being shut off, unless you have the Enter Parking Mode Timer (in the settings) set to anything other than off.
Thanks, I assume I am doing something wrong. I’m in my car with it off and this is the screen. I pressed a button to get the screen to light up.

Attachments

• B66BE06F-FE80-43F6-9449-2588CD5F7124.jpeg
    B66BE06F-FE80-43F6-9449-2588CD5F7124.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 9
These are my settings.

Attachments

• 0E9F3C58-4D69-4059-98EE-3B4DAFB2C985.png
    0E9F3C58-4D69-4059-98EE-3B4DAFB2C985.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 10
  • F0CDD0A1-CDD8-4C33-9FFD-C901A6A90FDC.png
    F0CDD0A1-CDD8-4C33-9FFD-C901A6A90FDC.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 10
You likely have the yellow wire connected to a fuse that is still live.

Also, check the settings on the camera itself, and not the app, as they can sometimes differ. There should be a setting for Enter Parking Mode Timer. This setting tells the camera how long to wait to enter parking mode after the car is shut off.

You likely have the yellow wire connected to a fuse that is still live.

Also, check the settings on the camera itself, and not the app, as they can sometimes differ. There should be a setting for Enter Parking Mode Timer. This setting tells the camera how long to wait to enter parking mode after the car is shut off.
Thanks, I confirmed on the screen that the Parking Mode Timer is set to 0 (not 90). I'm fairly confident that the fuse is powered with the key only, but I can try a different one I guess.

Do the rest of the settings seem ok? I did the firmware upgrade but didn't reset the device as many people suggest.. Could that be causing this issue?

Thanks

You definitely want to manually default the cameras settings after each firmware change. You should also press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds.

Did you test your fuse choices with a meter?

I think that was it. What looked like a Acc fuse really wasn’t. I dug out my tester and found one.

Thanks for your help, that was probably to obvious.

Attachments

• 6EC82401-E70A-40B4-A1BA-7CDAC1FFA298.jpeg
    6EC82401-E70A-40B4-A1BA-7CDAC1FFA298.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 6
Back