How do you open up the remote?

You need to attack it in the end, opposite the fabric loop, it is the back part that come off, the battery ASO are all in the button side of the 2 halves, the back side are just a lid so to say.

IMG_20200821_171800.jpg
IMG_20200821_171840.jpg

that's what i've been doing, but i didn't want to force it
it's ok now, but not easy and i damaged the plastic a bit. oh well..

I am wondering why you want to open it anyway, i can not recall if there was something to do like put in battery, or remove plastic tap to make battery active.
But yes you do now want to go strait in, you have to go in ( with swiss army knife scissors in my case ) at a angle towards the back plate.

I can't imagine a better design for ease of battery replacement (y)

Phil

For something like this i agree, but otherwise i am fond of the screw type "lid" in where you take a coin and and use it as screwdriver, i would much like that to be used on action cameras for access to replaceable standard battery and memory card.
The "flaps" currently used on action cameras, even as is waterproof ones, well i dont have much trust in those, or users in general using them right, a screw in seal with 2 dots or lines aligning when it is properly seated are much more sage in my eyes.

that's what i've been doing, but i didn't want to force it
it's ok now, but not easy and i damaged the plastic a bit. oh well..
If you don't want to damage it, use the trim removal tool that comes with many dashcams, any damage will then be done to the tool not the remote since the tool is intentionally made of softer plastic, the tool can always be re-edged.

Back