How do you review footage?

TimGadget

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512G
The last thing I want to do is waste time skipping through all the footage, just to find 30 seconds that may have some interest. I want to use time wisely!

A couple of thoughts:
  • Push the 'accident' button to save the recording (might not be easy to access or safe to do so)
  • At the end of the journey say out loud what the events were and approximate locations/timings (then you'll have a better idea of where to look)
Do you have advice or tips on getting quickly to the footage you want?

If you have GPS running, then its quick to find the spot on the map in registrator viewer.

But for the most i just make a mental note, and then dig out that clip where it is when i get home.

Offcourse if you drive a lot, and have a lot to save, and have a memory like mine, thats not the ideal solution.

Thanks - I'm due to be receiving the 512G with GPS in the next couple of days (the current one I have doesn't have GPS) - so I hope this will help.

I just push the "accident" button.

Don´t even need to take my eyes of the road my hand knows exactly were the buttom is

I set mine to record one minute segments and hit the event button if anything interesting happens.
Sometimes I then say something to remind me what the event was when I play it back.
Makes it easy to copy the files to the PC and find the event.

An extra/alternative step could be to wave your hand in front of the lens for a visual reference?

i have a good memory of the days events, so its easy for me to pull the card out, open up the files and go right to the clip. i record in 5 minute chunks.

Most cell phone has memo option. If it's not illegal to pick up your cell, use it and make a voice comment "Idiot driver at 8:23" then play it back and collect the video segment containing those.

Accident button works good.

I think this is all dependent on which camera you use. I have the Mobius and press the accident button, but they only showed the locked files in RV and not in the file viewer on PC and the clips are not shown in the 3 minute segments as I have them save, but in the length I drove. This might be a setting I could change in RV though?

Most cell phone has memo option. If it's not illegal to pick up your cell, use it and make a voice comment "Idiot driver at 8:23" then play it back and collect the video segment containing those.

Accident button works good.

I could try using Siri, although there are issues with the signal in the countryside. I've tried pressing the button and will keep trying - the only issue being that it switches the screen back on.

I have a pad of post it notes stuck on my door at the bottom of the window. I simply remember the event & write it down when I next stop (which can be quite often with all the traffic/lights around this town.

Yeah, just write down the approximate time, and remember to review and copy it broe the card overwrites.

Back