How do you store your Blackvue camera?

BA335iS

Reaction score
When transferring to other vehicles or simply putting it away, what type of carrying pouch is everyone using? I spent a small fortune on the DR500GW and would like to know how others are putting the unit away when not in use.

My valentine 1 radar was mint condition. I now store the unit itself in the center console and caused light scuffs because of this. :oops:

My dashcam is permanently mounted, it is uses WIFI so for me I just download any footage from inside the house when the car is outside. :)

I guess if you are using a truck / leased vehicle it might be ideal to place it in a hard case (like a glasses case)

I think most people just have it permanently mounted since it is a hassle to remove and install frequently.

It is permanently mounted...

However, I would probably run into a situation (probably a few), where I would actually remove and pack it up. My main usage will be for driving purposes. There will be instances where the unit is recording while the vehicle is parked. I'm just looking to have some flexibility in transporting items from car to car.

I can always find a case that can accommodate storage, but it would be sweet to have a semi-hard case with foam cutouts for the unit and cords.

If I go through a car wash or valet I take my Blackvue off it's mount & put it into a sunglass micro fiber cloth pouch pull the string then put it into my pocket. After car wash or I get my car back from valet I put it back into the mount.

If I park in a not so good area then go into a bar or movie for a few hours, I'll put it in the sunglass pouch then put it in my glove compartment.

I put the lens cap on and then roll it in a padded Jiffy bag which then goes into my work bag :)

Simples :)

BA335iS said:
The glasses pouch is a good idea. I'll try some things out...

Hi, I had the same idea and I found a very good fitting item for my cam only (I hardwired my BlackVue DR500GW-HD in the car, so there is no need for carrying the cable).

It's a 2 Euro hard case for glasses, which I added two stripes of foam rubber to. The camera is well-protected against shocks and this hard case looks nice, don't you think so?

Thomas

Attachments

• DSC01536.jpg
    DSC01536.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC01537.jpg
    DSC01537.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC01539.jpg
    DSC01539.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC01541.jpg
    DSC01541.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC01542.jpg
    DSC01542.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 423
Mine is in my car all the time unless I need some footage from it.

Personally I put the lens cover back on and put it in a sunglasses pouch. Do like the idea of the hard sunglasses case though!

Back