How does A129 Pro notify you of any impact?

hakuna

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see that Thinkware U1000 and Blackvue DR-900S-2CH say out loud the number of impacts you hand when you turn on the car. How does A129 Pro do that?

I don't think the viofo do that ?
depending on how you are set up this can be good or bad, if you have many false events and you get back to your car and hear "there have been 47 events" or something, you will freak out at first and run around your car.
But when you have done that a few times and found no dents in your car, then i think it will be annoying.

hmm..i guess I need to check the car for dents each time and then see the parking mode files?

There is no way to 100% reliably detect and distinguish all impacts of interest to the vehicle owner.

Yes, a quick check around the car once a day is the answer, and while doing so you can also perform your check on the condition of the tyres, lights etc., which may or may not be a legal responsibility, depending on where in the world you are.

I assume if you just use G-sensor for parking mode, you can be sure if there is a hit you have been hit, that is if you can tune sensitivity right.
Whatever if you hear a notification there have been a event, i figure most of us would then go look for it, and expect to find it too.
But if you find nothing time and time again i think most would probably just ignore the notification or turn it off if that is a option.
If you use motion detect, and the way i understand it, that generate wayy too many events as it see every little movement, that will render such notifications useless, as when you get back to your car after a movie and a dinner you get back to your car to hear " there have been 712 events while parked"

Of course there is the radar for the U1000 but if it actually cut down on unwanted detection's i have no idea.

I am personally not big on the talking cameras mainly from Korea, but if you could map notifications the way you liked then i guess i would be okay with it, dings for the little things like startup ASO, and maybe a steanwhistle for parking mode events ( if that work )

I am going to use always record low bitrate when i get to try parking mode in a dashcam.

PS. if there was the option for custom voice prompts for LDWS and similar sytems, then i would maybe turn that on when i have guests in my car, and see them crack up when the camera suddenly yell "wake up dumbass" and other stuff along those lines.
But otherwise those driving features are of course not something i would want in my car or for that matter dashcam.

Haven't bought the A129 yet, just getting a sense of how parking mode works on the dashcam.

Hehe welcome to the jungle buddy :)

Seem like no matter the brands / price bracket or whatever, you cant always get it juuuuust the way you like it.
Or ! yes you can if you have pretty modest expectations, me for instance i don't really feel i need parking guard, and for low light performance i feel if the camera can document where i am on the road or in the lane, and the color of intersections i am happpy.
And that kind of low light performance even 8 years old dashcams can do.
So all i get outside of that just make me happy.

you just research and fire those questions from the hip, we will do our best to help you,,,,,, though i know some times it don't feel like you are getting help when people shoot down your dreams or make you ask yet more questions about your potential target camera.

I mostly advise against parking mode, at least if it is in relation to issues where you live, i suggest CCTV cameras instead then, myself i live in a 2 floor apartment, and i have a CCTV camera bolted to my balcony door aimed at my car parked in the back yard ( which are pitch black at night if no one trigger the PIR light )
But as a tester i will get to sample parking guard soon, but then i will just use it on a 1 hour timer, cuz that cover all my parking needs, aside for maybe 1 - 2 days a year, and for those days i can just up the timer in the camera.

I wanted parking mode more for like in parking lots. I don't know if we can even prosecute somebody who make a dent and left. I am skeptical of it's ability to catch plates. We will see but I wanted front and rear dash cam and A129 Pro fits the bill.

I wanted parking mode more for like in parking lots. I don't know if we can even prosecute somebody who make a dent and left. I am skeptical of it's ability to catch plates. We will see but I wanted front and rear dash cam and A129 Pro fits the bill.
It will catch plates in a parking lot as long as they get into view.

You don't need to prosecute anyone, all you need to do is make a claim on their insurance, and if you have video evidence then that should be easy, just leave it to your insurance company to sort out.

Back