How does ddpai mini2 always have correct date/time stamp?

roundasapound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x ddpai mini 2
Does it have a small battery just to remember the date/time?

I thought maybe via wifi connection to phone but even when I forgot my phone and playback the footage a few days later it's always correct. Sometimes I don't drive the car for a few days.

This is great but I'm curious how as ddpai mini2 has capacitor and no gps or battery like the M6 plus.

Mini2 was built-in supper capacitor, NO GPS and NO battery. Mini2 will sync time via wifi connect to your phone.

Mini2 was built-in supper capacitor, NO GPS and NO battery. Mini2 will sync time via wifi connect to your phone.

I have two ddpai mini2 dash cams. One is in the front. The other in the rear. They always have the correct time. Only one cam can connect to wifi at one time. It's always the rear cam that automatically connects to wifi.

With what you have said shouldn't that mean the front dashcam date/time will always be incorrect?

it will hold time once set, doesn't need a constant connection to the phone, they are either using spare capacity from the super caps or it has an RTC cell to keep the time, if using caps it will only hold time for a few days or so before resetting, if holding for longer it would have an RTC cell on the mainboard

it will hold time once set, doesn't need a constant connection to the phone, they are either using spare capacity from the super caps or it has an RTC cell to keep the time, if using caps it will only hold time for a few days or so before resetting, if holding for longer it would have an RTC cell on the mainboard

Thank you. That's very helpful and explains a lot.
I don't always have my phone with me. Sometimes I forget it but when I check footage it's always the correct date/time stamp.

Back