How does the A119 Emergency lock button operate?

klatch

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
SG9665GC v2, A119S, A118C
Can someone confirm the operation of the emergency lock button in the A119? I recall reading somewhere that, unlike the A118, pressing the emergency lock button will lock a set amount of time before and after the press and that it doesn't matter if the screen is off when you press the button (don't have to push it twice). Can anyone confirm in detail how it operates and if how it operates is configurable in the menu?

To be specific:
  1. Does the screen need to be woken up to activate the emergency lock, or is one press of the button sufficient?
  2. When activated, what is the operation? Does it copy a set amount of time before and after to a protected folder or does it operate like the A118 where it moves whatever file you happen to be on to a protected folder?
  3. If it copies the time, is that time still in the main folder or is that time moved to the protected folder (IE: does it duplicate what is protected or move the protected portion)
  4. If it copies a set range of time before and after, is that time range configurable in the menu? (IE: can I change how long before and after gets stored/protected?)
  5. Any other details relating to its operation that I'm not thinking of
Thanks in advance. The operation of the emergency button on the A118 is underwhelming to me and I'm hoping the A119 addresses it in a better way.

1. It is one press of button to lock the file even in screen save mode
2. When activated, it will show the big ! icon about 4 seconds and 3 beeps
3. In 1440P mode, it will duplicate the locked file to the protected folder, in 1080P mode, it will duplicated the specific time file before and after the press, the time range is not configurable.

3. In 1440P mode, it will duplicate the locked file to the protected folder, in 1080P mode, it will duplicated the specific time file before and after the press, the time range is not configurable.

Thanks for your reply. How much time before and after is duplicated in 1080p mode?

Thanks for your reply. How much time before and after is duplicated in 1080p mode?
In 1080P 60fps mode, it will duplicate a 35s file, 15s before and 20s after the press.

In 1440p mode, if it locks a file right near the end or start of a file (lets say 1-2 seconds before/after) you could end up losing important footage (if the card loops over). Is there any way you could make it similar to what the Mobius does, and lock two files when very near (say 10-20 seconds) the start or end of a file? Eg. Button pressed at 10 seconds in to a new file, it locks current + previous file. Button pressed with only 10 seconds left on current file, locks current + next file. Otherwise, I can see opportunities for lost footage.

Last edited:
In 1440p mode, if it locks a file right near the end or start of a file (lets say 1-2 seconds before/after) you could end up losing important footage (if the card loops over). Is there any way you could make it similar to what the Mobius does, and lock two files when very near (say 10-20 seconds) the start or end of a file? Eg. Button pressed at 10 seconds in to a new file, it locks current + previous file. Button pressed with only 10 seconds left on current file, locks current + next file. Otherwise, I can see opportunities for lost footage.

Viofo,

Currently I am running VIOFO A119.20160829.V1.1 firmware and only active file gets locked and moved to /Movie/RO directory, no matter at what moment emergency lock button is pressed. It would be nice if you could lock two files in case emergency button is pressed near the end or at beginning of the file (might be + - 15 sec. before/after). This way no important footage would be lost! Please implement this important feature in to your next firmware release!

Last edited:
Viofo,

Currently I am running VIOFO A119.20160829.V1.1 firmware and only active file gets locked and moved to /Movie/RO directory, no matter at what moment emergency lock button is pressed. It would be nice if you could lock two files in case emergency button is pressed near the end or at beginning of the file (might be + - 15 sec. before/after). This way no important footage would be lost! Please implement this important feature in to your next firmware release!
If no hardware limitation, we will think to support in future firmware.

Viofo, thank you so much. Cant wait to see new firmware :)

If no hardware limitation, we will think to support in future firmware.
Hi Viofo,

Is there any changes made in the last firmware about this thread?
Thanks!

Back